DI level question, very strange

efx

Inspired
Last year I tracked a bunch of stuff at home and I grabbed DI's of everything I recorded.
Yesterday I went back to reamp some stuff from some months ago (recorded with a different fw than I use now of course :) ) and one thing I noticed is that the older DI's I have are a few db's lower in volume than anything I recorded in the last couple of months.

My signal chain is the same, the guitar is the same and the cable is the same. Any reason why there'd be such a marked difference in volume (which then of course affect how the patches that I run the DI's through sound) when the only thing I have changed is the fw?

Probably user error but if anyone has any input I would be greatly appreciate it.

:)

How do you recorded the DI tracks(both old and new ones)??have you recorded digitally with the USB out of the AXE FX???

The only thing that can change your DI sound is the Input impedance settings on your preset.
it is in the input menu in the same window of the input gate settings, if it is set to "auto" the input impedance parameter change accordingly to the first active block of the preset.
a different setting of this parameter can make an extreme difference in your DI sound(and also the overall sound), try it!!!...

Back
Top Bottom