Firmware 12. everything clipping

superman

Almost every single preset is clipping, user made, factory made
all with distortions are clipping like insane!

Even though the input aint toutching the red it still clips
what is this?

Note: I went form firmware 6 to 12..

And what is "scene" ???
I turn it with A, everything from scene 2-8 is the same sound on every preset sounding awful.. what is this?

Last edited:
Hi Superman,

If you're clipping the outputs, it could mean that your guitar is louder and beefier than what we used to create and test the presets. This would be surprising, because I've seen some screaming guitars not behave in this way, but it is possible...

A quick fix would be to go to the GLOBAL menu and lower the GAIN on the Graphic EQ.
Alternately, you could reduce the output of every preset by adjusting the AMP LEVEL or the level of the last gain dependent block in the chain (e.g. a COMPRESSOR at the end).

Almost every single preset is clipping, user made, factory made
all with distortions are clipping like insane!

Even though the input aint toutching the red it still clips
what is this?

Note: I went form firmware 6 to 12..

to further clarify, you are clipping the Outputs? the Out 1 and/or Out 2 Clip lights on the front panel are turning on and it has a harsh distorted sound?

That's a major jump. A lot of it may be that default master volume settings were implemented a few firmwares ago as well as amp models being re-don & relative levels of some amps have changed. just turn down that levels in the amp block. Also if you have levels boosted in the global EQs or are boosting frequencies there those levels should come down.

I perhaps falsely assumed that you also updated the factory presets?
Not doing so would be... challenging.

I'd do that.

Save all the presets you absolutely loved from FW 6 in a folder on your desktop. Load all the FW 12 banks. Tests them out and replace the new presets you are likley to never use from FW12 with your "Favs" from FW6. Then tweak the FW 6 presets so they don't clip. I did that when I went form FW10 to FW11.x to FW12.

But yeah, load the banks from FW12. They are INCREDIBLE.

Save all the presets you absolutely loved from FW 6 in a folder on your desktop. Load all the FW 12 banks. Tests them out and replace the new presets you are likley to never use from FW12 with your "Favs" from FW6. Then tweak the FW 6 presets so they don't clip. I did that when I went form FW10 to FW11.x to FW12.

+1 for this ... for sure! :)

Yeah
Can I go back to firmware 6 somehow

you can.

i'd suggest staying with version 12 though. do you have many customized presets? or are you basically using factory presets? if you can load the latest factory presets, you may be better off in the long run.

but to go back to firmware 6, just load it the same way you just loaded version 12. you can find old firmware versions at http://axefx.fr

Hi there
I know there aren't new banks for v.12, just for v.11 that MAY be used also in v.12. Am I wrong?
Than you

Is this guy a wind up merchant. I am a complete novice myself but scenes are easy to use.

Never seen or heard of anything like that in my life so how am i expected to know what it is.
If u want to act like that stop doing it on the internet and u might actually learn something.

Apparently everything is turned on in every scene 2-8 that I have no idea why it is like that wouldnt it be
better to like only have the amp on

Superman please tone it down man. You obviously haven't read the instructions so jumping on the forum and saying things are F'ed is a little extreme.

FW12 is vastly superior to FW6 but as others have already pointed out you will need to update your presets (via the new factory banks or the Fremen banks which are great) and/or tweak your custom presets. Going back to V6 because you need to do some gain staging and patch tweaking is foolish. For future reference you often need to tweak your presets when new firmware is released. This is unpleasant to be sure but unfortunately this is the cost of upgrading. In my experience while this can be painful and time consuming it is well worth it as each new firmware adds new features and amp models and improves the sound.

Scene are very useful. A scene that hasn't been set up defaults to all blocks being enabled which is rarely usable and often terrible. For each scene disable the blocks you don't need. So scene 1 can be an amp and cab only, scene 2 can add reverb and so on.

Back
Top Bottom