New unofficial Ernie musician JP majesty guitar

I like it. Not sure if I'd buy one, but it's different to all the quilt top stuff out there. For now I'm happy with my awesome Musicman Albert Lee HH.

I had really high hopes when the pic of the headstock came out, but this one is mega fugly! The new album however is my favorite of the last 3, and I love all of em!!!!

PS If you don't have the Liva at Luna Park on Blu-Ray, you are missing out it is so so good!! :eagerness:

If anything the posts in this thread are proof what a strange bunch us guitarists are. We don't take kindly to change do we? I didn't like the look of it too much either. But there's a hell of a lot of innovation and r&d in that instrument, and that can ultimately only be a good thing for us all.

is that petucci? hard to tell with those huge glasses on, but that looks a but like the guvnor playing (lukather). never heard petucci's playing but lukather is one of the top legends.

styling on guitar - don't mind that. but not in the garish blue; the correct colour for a guitar is complete black :D

edit: that is lukather for sure. thoroughly confused now :S

Last edited:
I think that blue colour is just not the right choice. Otherwise, it looks like a guitar that is different from the JP series..

I would have to agree with most posts. I'm sure it sounds amazing but unfortunately it's not my cup of tea. There are so many other options for us to choose from.

Look at the bright side guys, at least you're not left handed!

I very much prefer the look of the old style. The "laser etched maple" is a very strange look. Why not use actual carbon fiber?

I'm curious about the Gamechanger electronics. I have never used them, but they certainly look interesting.

I'm surprised by all of the visceral reactions to the look. It just looks "different" to me. Ergonomic & high tech. Makes perfect sense to me for what they're doing with that guitar. I can't watch the videos on my phone, but I'd like to know more about the Game Changer switching system. I'm wondering if it's the old Guitar Max system that Rob from Guitar Electronics created a few years back.

Sent using Tapatalk 4.

looked at the music man forum, looks like there's a lot of positive comments about the guitar. not that it matters.
i think it is visually much better than the current model, but each to their own.

Back
Top Bottom