Carvin DCM1540L ULTRA LIGHT LINEAR 1500W POWER AMP and AFX2

Carvin comes with a 3 year Warranty where Matrix comes with a 2 Year Warranty and is in another Country as well.

I use Carvin's powered PA speakers as my FRFR setup for my Axe, and it's great. I also have a PA head/speakers from them, and my main guitar and bass are both Carvins. They make great stuff!

What style music do y'all play?

Also, is it the amp or speakers that have to be FRFR? I'm kinda of new to Fractal coming from Tube Power and True Bypass Pedals so think it would best to ask stupid questions lol than assume...

I use the Dcm1540l with a pair of Xitone wedges and love it. I play a little bit of everything. Get the class A/B if you can handle the power.

it would best to ask stupid questions lol than assume...

There are no stupid questions...only stupid people. Obviously this is NOT you, because you're asking and not assuming. I also have great things to say about Carvin.

I went from a 1540L to a Matrix. Soundwise, there seems to be a minor difference. I didn't get a chance to A/B, but to my ears, the Carvin is a little more "hi-fi" sounding, for lack of a better term. The Matrix feels a tad more "squishy", like there's a bit of sag to it. I don't know if the differences manifest themselves as audible, or if I perceive the change in sound entirely due to a change in feel.

Main reason I switched was to go from 2U to 1U. The Carvin is great and I didn't get rid of it because of the sound.

I use two of them, one with my Ultra and the other with the P.A. and they've been flawless. With my Ultra rig I use one to push a pair of Carvin TRx12N Floor Monitors and I couldn't be happier.

I use two of them, one with my Ultra and the other with the P.A. and they've been flawless. With my Ultra rig I use one to push a pair of Carvin TRx12N Floor Monitors and I couldn't be happier.

Note to the OP: The Carvin TRx12N Floor monitors use the same Celestion coaxial drivers found in Matrix FRFR monitors, however, Carvin's cabinets are not ported.

I've used a 1540L with my Ultra for a while, with different cabs, and while I can't compare to the Matrix, I'm very happy with it. It sounds and feels like I have a head sitting on top of my cab.

Would the DCM1540L be safe to drive a 2x12 Recto cab with V30's? It's 120 watts at 8 ohms. The Carvin puts out 475 watts at 8 ohms for one channel. I'd be running at reasonable stage volumes. Loud, but not deafening.

Note to the OP: The Carvin TRx12N Floor monitors use the same Celestion coaxial drivers found in Matrix FRFR monitors, however, Carvin's cabinets are not ported.

I thought the Matrix used Eminence Beta 12's... The Carvin's are not using Eminence

Back
Top Bottom