Axe fx II schematics ?

Sidius

Hi everyone. I'm doing a dissertation on sound technology and digital modelling and need the schematics of the axe fx ii . Where can I find it? Many thanks.

You'd probably need to cross a room full of lasers and skillfully outdance them...

Heh, no, seriously, I doubt the internals of the Axe look much different from an ordinary computer.
Mainboard, soundcard with two CPUs, some RAM, a power suppy and the A/D-D/A-interface. It's not rocket science, really. The magic is the software, not the hardware.

haha

Seriously, just start with DSP application notes, because that's "all" it really is. Lots of clever I/O stuff as well, but the real value of the product is the firmware programming. Perhaps you could ask Cliff for a copy of that as well? :lol

If you can get hold of the Axe-Fx II's schematics, send them to Cliff Chase. He can then model it and add it to firmware 10

This is impossible. The results could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe!!!

here it is:

640px-Flux-Schematic.jpg

Hi everyone. I'm doing a dissertation on sound technology and digital modelling and need the schematics of the axe fx ii . Where can I find it? Many thanks.

You have one. Open the box.
Go from there.
Cliff does not cover the mainboard with goop like others.
Parts are all pretty common and labeled normally.

As noted- genius is mostly all in the programming.

It will be kind of like looking at a blank canvas, though, and trying to figure out how the he11 Monet did it.

Good luck.

if you are doing a dissertation on digital modelling, wouldn't you need the firmware source code? The schematic will capture the converters, dsp, io, etc, but none of the details on the algorithms. Surely you know this if you are writing a dissertation...

if you are doing a dissertation on digital modelling, wouldn't you need the firmware source code? The schematic will capture the converters, dsp, io, etc, but none of the details on the algorithms. Surely you know this if you are writing a dissertation...

Very true..

Hmmm, good luck with getting that :) On a serious note, if you are doing a dissertation on this technology I assume you have knowledge of DSP circuit design for audio applications?? What I would do is get the reference designs for the DSP chips, A/D & D/A converters, etc. from the manufacturers and put them together - they are freely available. I think you'll find that if you had the axefx (or dare I say, HD500) schematic, the core electronic blocks would not look very different from the reference designs. The low/high level circuit design is not necessarily novel - designers put blocks together ensuring they play well together. Using excellent components, good board layout, techniques, etc. in combination with intelligent firmware is what makes this device novel and awesome... but you probably know that. Good luck on your dissertation!

Back
Top Bottom