Well... now I've gone and done it...

Welcome on board. It will be a wonderful ride. Just to inform you so you don't have to ask. Don't use axe edit to update the firmware or for anything else. Use some midi program.
Regards Jesper

Hello everyone!

Just bit the bullet and bought myself a new AxeFX2. After six or seven years of putting it off (multiple times), I'm all in.

...gotta remember to breathe...

Now to go read up on this fancy beast!

Congratulations and welcome on board kewlpack. I remember you from my old GT-8, GT-10 days and I promise you will not regret this purchase, nor ever look back.

Enjoy building cool patches with the Axe Fx 2!

Jean.

Thanks gang. I'm completely psyched (duh)! I ordered it this morning with UPS Next Day Air -- hoping I can get it setup for a jam tomorrow.

Is there a problem with firmware updates? What's the recommended way to get things updated? [NEVERMIND - I see the sticky thread.]

Congrats on the new toy, and kudos for knowing that reading up on it will make your first steps much better. It's a great unit.

... I waited that long thinking the device was a novelty, and I regret not jumping in a long time ago.

Congrats!!!

I was in the same boat as you until I bought mine a month ago. I haven't gone beyond the presets and I'm already thoroughly impressed!!! I'll be moving onto scenes gradually for more satisfactions.

I did the same thing, refused to take the enlightened path. I would compare it less to prison and more like purgatory...

You will soon believe it's the best money you've spent on music gear - and maybe anything - in your life, if you're anything like the rest of us.

I'm still trying to fight it!

I don't want a II. My Ultra still sounds great and does more than I need...

HearNoSeeNo.jpg

Enjoy!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Augh!!!!!! It arrived at the house a few minutes ago... and here I am stuck at work (not a bad thing since it pays for these tools!).

Can't wait to dive in!

You know where to find me if you have any issues getting things started up. I doubt you will. It will come with the latest firmware, ready to shred :geek

Back
Top Bottom