A few of mine (EVM12L, Greenback)

nikki-k

Experienced
Finally posting a few.
For these, I used an Earthworks TC30, and an Audio Technica AT4047 (no rolloff) with an Earthworks LAB102 mic pre.
For an amplifier, I used an old, reliable Peavey M2600 (clean amp, qualifies for use as part of an FRFR; supposedly -1dB 20-30kHz).
First up, my customized Dean Markley 4x12 cab. It has two EVM12L speakers in the top half, and has some insert baffles. Cool cab, one of my all-time favorites.

I shot this one with the TC30 aimed dead-on Center, on axis, about 2" off the cone; next, same but 6". Next, 3" out, outer Edge, on axis. Finally, swap the TC30 for the AT4047, move it out to about 18" or so, just slightly off center. Yes, the last one is catching both speakers; I did push it away slightly, in an attempt to capture more of one speaker than both, but without the time and energy to get some cans on and place it "just right".. well, it is what it is :D I like it, as it opens up the EV a bit IMO. The 4047 is a really sweet mic, and I chose it over others for its tonality.

Lastly, I shot my Greenback loaded 2x12. One speaker was covered with a blanket (not easy enough to do with the EV loaded cab, unfortunately). I then placed the AT4047 about 18" away, aimed nearly at Center, on axis. I am also uploading a previosuly captured Greenback IR I did when I first got the Axe II. It is not the best, but provides an interesting blending option. This one is an SM57, off axis, edge-facing-in.

The AT4047 captures are more for a blending option. I figured that with the stereo cab option in the Cab Block, it might be cool as a blending IR.
Enjoy!!!

(total attachment pool is limited to 1M, so I am linking externally)
EVM12L 18in AT4047
EVM12L 2in TC30
EVM12L 6in TC30
EVM12L 3in Edge TC30
Greenback 25w 18in AT4047
Greenback 25w 3in Edge, off axis SM57

Back
Top Bottom