What's with all the haters?

I'm sick to death of seeing people criticise the Axe Fx, when most, if not all have never seen one in person, let alone dedicated 3 months to explore it's endless possibilities.

I'm good friends with the likes of Misha, Chimp Spanner, TesseracT, Monuments. The opinion seems pretty divided, as far as pro musicians go. As for the rest, it's all POD POD POD POD BLOODY POD FFS.

They argue that they could have 3 Pod HD Pro's for 1 Axe Fx 2, and they tone comparison is barely comparable.

I've already paid for mine, I'm just waiting for it to ship from G66 (Europe). It does make me wonder if the perceived majority are right in their speculation.

I could have 2 Pro's and still have enough for a Mackie HD.

Any thoughts?

It's ok don't worry about it so much, just smile at them and play. Let the tone speak for it's self. If they still don't like it then it's there problem. At least your thread didn't get deleted because of the title :shock.

My old drummer fought me tooth and nail when I told him I used an axe fx. It was before the atomics were out, so in practice I used one of his amps in his drum/guitar shop (marshals, orange, blue voodoos, classic fenders, matchless... whatever he had in the practice space). Every practice he would say something like, "We still have to figure out what amp you're going to use live" and I would say, "I don't need an amp". The first time we plugged the axe into a PA, it blew him away. 2 years later, he's head over heels in love with it and tells everybody he knows about it. People put too much emphasis on traditional ideals and they listen with their eyes too damned much. Once you get over that, you can really start to explore sounds.

A musician should be a master of shaping sound. The more tools I have that allow me to do that, the more equipped I am to be creative. There is no "right" or "wrong" way to create art.

Reactions: jon
I just stopped caring. There's hate from everyone. The more the hate, the better the press, and maybe.... It might just actually be doing a good job of replacing real amps! Rarely hear a guy with a mesa dual rec or a matchless go to a pod and never go back to tube amps :lol

I just got mine two days ago and I had to come onto the forum and say.... THIS IS AN AMAZING BOX!!! The sounds I'm getting knowing virtually nothing are better than any I've coaxed out of any other modeler (or amp at volume settings you can retain your hearing with). I can't believe just how great this product is. If you are a guitar player, and you try one, you're gonna have to own one.

Taylor T3
L6 JTV-69US
Axe FX II

Last edited:
Rarely hear a guy with a mesa dual rec or a matchless go to a pod and never go back to tube amps :lol

Hey? You talking about me! What a surprise.... 8) - Had a Mesa/Boogie Mk3 SimulClass 15/75 with EVM12L speaker until 2001, now using Axe-Fx and a POD HD (Bean) only (okey still own a MesaBoogie StudioPreamp).....beside that, I'm also service manager / technician for a big local distributor - also responsible for technical service/support for ENGL & DV-Mark/MarkBass (tube-)amplifiers since 2007

So what? Do we have some guys here who still believe that there is something like an overall truth in life? Get a life......a real one, plz

Seriously, AxeFx is a big scam. The haterz are right. I once did an A/B test with an AxeII and an old Regina vacuum cleaner, and the AxeII actually sucked more dirt off the floor. Nickelback couldn't hear any difference, and hey - those guys are pros. This one time, at band camp, I opened up the AxeFx case, and you know what's inside? Two Pocket PODS and a Montgomery Ward garage door opener. Wired in parallel. In parallel dude! So pathetic.

Seriously, AxeFx is a big scam. The haterz are right. I once did an A/B test with an AxeII and an old Regina vacuum cleaner, and the AxeII actually sucked more dirt off the floor. Nickelback couldn't hear any difference, and hey - those guys are pros. This one time, at band camp, I opened up the AxeFx case, and you know what's inside? Two Pocket PODS and a Montgomery Ward garage door opener. Wired in parallel. In parallel dude! So pathetic.

Truly educational sir, many thanks. I actually use the wisdom of Nickelback as the primary reference for all my life decisions.

The problem with people liking Pods is this: Most if not all of them have never play guitar through a good tube amp. They know nothing about the magic and feel of a tube amp!! They think since the Pod replicate tube tone, this is like the ral deal! They get use to the sterile and dull sound, linear digital signal comming out of it. so, if one of them try an Axe fx, my guess is he expect to get the same feel and response he gets out of a Pod in a better way. But this ain't the case obviously, because he then experience something completly different he is not use to, which is awesome tone and feel, and he goes...wooooh, this sucks, dosen't feel like my beloved Pod!! You get my point here??!! If you've only played your Peavey Bandit all your life, and think it sounds good...good for you!!

This. It's exactly this from the haters. Never tried the thing, or get used to that cardboard box and want to think that it's close to the real thing when you don't know what the real thing sounds like.
Or you have so much gain that everything sounds the same.

I used processors and solid state amps before I got a tube amp, and thought it was the real deal. I went to tubes and had my ears handed over to me. Fell in love with tubs but hated the weight. Used all sorts of great tube amps and nothing else. Started back on processors, quickly switched back to tubes, and then I got an axe.

And had my ears handed back to me again.....

Imho PODxt and POD HD are two different worlds. POD HD and AxeFx are not, at least soundwise. I don't own the AxeII, but a Standard and an HD Bean. I find really good and professional tones in both units. Handling, deep editing, dsp performance etc is another thing though.

I've owned both and they are not in the same world to my ears. The POD HD had very usable, decent tones. The Axe II is literally my entire dream rig in a box. The sound is so legitimate and organic.

If the Axe FX came out 10 or 12 years ago it could have saved me roughly $30,000.

No it wouldn't. You'd still have to upgrade every 3 years. 12/3*2.2K=8.8K. So you'd only save $21.2K. :) OTOH, you've probably sold that MK2C+ for more than you paid for it, amirite? Try that with digital stuff sometime.

I've owned both and they are not in the same world to my ears

that's why I still have both of them.....both a great in their ways but not different worlds! And regarding this thread - there is so much hate around here, some have to deal with their own hate before talking bout others.....

bye

that's why I still have both of them.....both a great in their ways but not different worlds! And regarding this thread - there is so much hate around here, some have to deal with their own hate before talking bout others.....

bye
Sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

You know the saying, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
That's basically his message and I agree with him.A lot of Axe owners are quite narrow-minded and have that irritating holier-than-thou attitude.

The Axe and the POD HD are great units (I'm lucky to own both and intend to keep them).The Axe offers possibilities (extra effects, routing, ...) I can't get with the POD but, overall, the POD is a better deal money-wise (in my opinion).

Why open that type of thread anyway?
I generates even more hate.
Just clean up your own backyard and enjoy your Axe or whatever works best for you.

All, don't hate the haters, they're people too ;) Let's be happy (fortunate) we got to build our rig utilizing an AxeFx just as others are content using what works for them. Besides, I think if there wasn't an AxeFx, we just might be using a Line6 if we were dead set on using a modeller. :roll

You know the saying, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
That's basically his message and I agree with him.A lot of Axe owners are quite narrow-minded and have that irritating holier-than-thou attitude.

The Axe and the POD HD are great units (I'm lucky to own both and intend to keep them).The Axe offers possibilities (extra effects, routing, ...) I can't get with the POD but, overall, the POD is a better deal money-wise (in my opinion).

Why open that type of thread anyway?
I generates even more hate.
Just clean up your own backyard and enjoy your Axe or whatever works best for you.

I'm quite open-minded as well as entitled to my opinion just as everyone else here. I am not casting stones. I am simply giving my opinion. The Axe II both sound wise and in versatility are above all of the current competition, IMO. If any of you don't like my opinion, feel free to disagree, but don't make me out to be some ignorant dolt. I didn't start this thread, I am merely commenting in it just as all of you are. If people really can't hear/feel the difference between the Axe II and other product, then good for them. They can save the cash and use the inferior (opinion) product and I will happily go on using the best "all-in-one" rig solution ever invented. If that makes me a fan boy or whatever, so be it. I spent a good chunk of hard earned cash for this thing and I will proudly wave the Fractal banner. My tone is better for it.

Back
Top Bottom