• High Cut: 15000
  • Clip Type: 4558/Diode
  • Bias: 0.05
  • Bass: 12
  • Mid: 450Hz, 4dB
  • Treble: -3
  • Level: 5

Notes:
  1. I'd say this is about 95% accurate. The only thing that's different is full gain isn't as light sounding. You can try dropping more bass, but it's still not exactly the same
  2. max tone is Tone:10, Bass:-9, Mid:2, Treble:5
  3. max drive is Drive:8

The Robert Keeley version has 2 modes, accessed via a switch. Up is the original SEM (seeing eye mod) mode and down is the newer ULTRA SEM mode. ULTRA SEM mode was mainly intended to replicate the sound of a Marshall amp, so it may not be as useful.

The chain looks like this: Filter->Drive

Filter settings:
  • Type: Lowshelf
  • Gain: 3 (4 for ULTRA SEM)
  • Frequency: 300
  • Q: 0.7

Drive settings for SEM mode (lowest settings, full volume):
  • Effect Type: ProCo Rat
  • Drive: 1.9
  • Tone: 4
  • Low Cut: 150
  • Bias: 0.05
  • Mid: 450Hz, 4dB
  • Treble: -3
  • Level: 6

Drive settings for ULTRA SEM mode (lowest settings, full volume):
  • Effect Type: ProCo Rat
  • Drive: 2.3
  • Tone: 2.25
  • Low Cut: 150
  • Bias: 0.4
  • Mid: 450Hz, 5dB
  • Treble: 0
  • Level: 6

Notes:
  1. SEM mode is about 95–100% accurate, whereas ULTRA SEM mode is about 90–95% accurate
  2. SEM mode max tone is Tone:10, Bass:-12, Treble:12, and the Filter's Gain at 1dB
  3. SEM mode max drive is Drive:8
  4. ULTRA SEM mode max tone is Tone:10, Bass:-6, Mid:2, Treble:7, and the Filter's Gain at 2dB
  5. ULTRA SEM mode max drive is Drive:7

A good experiment would be to try out how Steve Vai and Joe Satriani mainly use this pedal, which is simply as a boost. Just use the minimum settings in SEM mode with full volume (which, on the actual pedal would be tone:0 distortion:0 and level:10).

I've had these pedals a long time and don't use them anymore, but figured I'd reproduce their sounds before gettin' rid of 'em.

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to try this out, but I just wanted to say we(axe community) need more folk like you. Thanks for sharing all your findings. I, for one, appreciate it. Keep it up, chap. :cool:

No prob. The community has provided me with patches for popular pedals that I don't have, and it's made my life easier. So, since I got these ones, I figured I'd return the favour. Plus, once I've gotten rid of them (sold or given away), I know I'd kick myself later for not reproducing 'em while I had them.

Nice. I had a Montey Allums triple bypass mod (or something like that) that was pretty similar to the Keeley mod. It was an outstanding pedal, never even crossed my mind to try to 'create' one like that.

I just put this into a really nice Fender patch I found on here. A couple of tweaks to taste and I am just happy as all get out with the way it turned out. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom