Best way to tighten up flubby low notes on plexi 50w?

PincoTech

Experienced
I'd change to a different amp, but the recording sound is perfect other than the flubbiness during articulated 6th string gallops.
I've tried the obvious like lower guitar volume pot, overdrive settings, less gain, trying not to lose the magic. it's only the 6th string in this particular situation. might have to switch tp plexi 100W

The Cut parameter in the Ideal tab works quite good for this imo
And lowering Bass too but it might change a character a bit, yeah

might have to switch tp plexi 100W
That might be the golden ticket. The power-amp on the 100W should be tighter.

Search the Amp Block page in the Wiki for "flub". For instance:

[106] Sag is also dependent on Master Volume. The higher the MV, the more sag.

I just start low and bring it up until I get the desired compression. Then I chug the E string and if it's too buzzy or flubby I drop it down a bit. For tight, high-gain stuff you want to keep it low. For liquid, spongy tones you want to set it higher.

MV is the most important Amp block control for tone. You have to find the sweet spot. Start at 3 and increase until desired compression is reached. Stock presets are set to sweet spots, subjectively (based on the guitar used and personal opinion). Do not use MV for volume and don't turn it up too much (unless it's a non-MV amp). If an amp has Input Drive and Overdrive controls, use Input Drive for tone shaping and Overdrive as a flat gain control.

That might be the golden ticket. The power-amp on the 100W should be tighter.

Search the Amp Block page in the Wiki for "flub". For instance:
the 100w is immediately a lot tighter on the bottom, even with all the parameters and eq copied from the 50w. it just doesn't have the same magic. I tried the soldano as well, and that's much tighter, but the wrong tone. I'll play around with master volume and see how close I can get it. Thanks Greg! All the tones are incredible, just trying to get a super tight mix

In the preamp tab of the amp block, there is low and high frequency. Raise the low up a bit. It should get tighter, but not sure how tight or if it'll do what you're looking for.

Back
Top Bottom