Andre Flood on why some people think PRS guitars have no mojo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I'll correct what I said above - you clearly think your needs are equal to or greater than other peoples needs.

And you're right! For you, what you need out of your guitar in terms of playability, your needs are paramount.

Why you would expect anyone else to have the same needs as you is striking me as strange. I don't think you have a valid point - you're applying a somewhat artificial set of circumstances as a framework via which anyone you are talking to HAS to agree with, or they're not just wrong, but an idiot as well.

You do you, I guess. But I reckon people who are viewing this aren't going to be taking you seriously, going forward.

I don't give 2 backside dropshots whether anyone takes me seriously. I made cogent, logical, quantitative arguments that were answered with qualitative fanboi BS.

From the outset I said PRS has an inferior value proposition compared to many other great alternatives. I provided specific criteria and examples. I just never got the mojo they carry in some guitar player's minds and hearts. But hey marketing and endorsements matter most right? Or they cost a lot so they must be awesome!

No one here has made a cogent argument as to why they are worth the ridiculous price they command from hoodwinked fanboi's that get buthurt when you point that out. But as to whether or not I want or need anyone's respect?

😂 :D :p

I think we all need close up hi res images of this "perfect" guitar. I can send them to Paul so that he knows what he should be aiming for.:tearsofjoy:
Two of my regulars are PRS endorses and see him regularly .

All my partscasters are Warmouth superstrat bodies and Warmouth necks with a variety of pickups (HSH, HSS, and P-Rails with triple shot rings). All have the contoured heals and all are 24 frets. Sorry I don't have time to take pics (I have band practice in an hour). But I'm not sure what pics would prove to you anyway. You are a certified, card carrying PRS diehard that thinks Paul has imbued his overpriced guitars with magic mojo. Where as I just think you drank and continue to drink his funky cool aid.

A better apples to apples comparison would be "What is my favorite production guitar?"

That would be my Gibson M3. I have let many PRS fanboi friends/bandmates play it and to the last one they all agreed it is a superior guitar in terms of versatile tone and playability to their PRS cores. One even has a $5K 509. What he liked most was the significantly lighter weight without sacrificing tone - and he loved the upper fret access.

Go figure. Not everyone that spent on one is a never ending fanboi.

This thread is entertaining af 😆

I've never owned a PRS, got no bone in this fight.

But all I see is a whoooole lotta opinions being thrown around as fact.

View attachment 128363

It is a fact that PRS guitars have sh*tty upper fret access. It is also a fact that they are not the most versatile guitars tone wise. It is also a fact that they are very expensive once you leave the low end options which many people have posted to this thread have QC issues and "no mojo" and were actually returned or sold.

As to rest of the qualitative nonsense (another word for opinions) by many here - I agree with you 100%.

Ah, I see where the problem is. You think you did this.

Huh? That makes as much sense as buying a PRS. I did what speak my mind and not give 2 sh*ts whether the PRS crusaders here like it or not?

Yep I did that. I've done it before on this forum and I would do it again. BTW - many agree with me.

Seeking approval and admiration based on falsehoods or towing someone else's line are for the weak minded. The only approval, admiration and respect that matter to me are that which I receive from my wife and kids.

Still waiting for someone to make an unemotional, unattached, quantitative argument ...

Remember everyone!!! You are entitled to love your PRS - but if you are trying to say it was a great value compared to many available alternatives based on quantitative reasoning then I am very intrigued as to what your cogent argument will be.

But now I am off to band practice. I'll check when I return.

It is a fact subjective that PRS guitars have sh*tty upper fret access. It is also a fact subjective that they are not the most versatile guitars tone wise. It is also a fact subjective that they are very expensive once you leave the low end options which many people have posted to this thread have QC issues and "no mojo" and were actually returned or sold.

FTFY

Huh? That makes as much sense as buying a PRS. I did what speak my mind and not give 2 sh*ts whether the PRS crusaders here like it or not?

Yep I did that. I've done it before on this forum and I would do it again. BTW - many agree with me.

Seeking approval and admiration based on falsehoods or towing someone else's line are for the weak minded. The only approval, admiration and respect that matter to me are that which I receive from wife and kids.

Still waiting for someone to make an unemotional, unattached, quantitative argument ...

Remember everyone!!! You are entitled to love your PRS - but if you are trying to say it was a great value compared to many available alternatives based on quantitative reasoning then I am very intrigued as to what your cogent argument will be.

But now I am off to band practice. I'll check when I return.
No, of course you don't care. People who don't care always spend this much time arguing with people who have a different opinion.

My son doesn’t like ‘pretentious’ or blingy guitars. He was telling me my US 10 top was pretentious. So I told him he didn’t have to inherent it. The guitar is really good, not a serious high dollar model but it wasn’t cheap by any means. It’s the bird inlays and the pointy headstock and the figured top that annoys him. It’s a beautiful guitar, and I’m puzzled that he gets triggered by that. Most likely he’ll still end up with it since my daughter doesn’t play.

Reactions: rog
I have a bunch of PRS guitars including 3 SE's and 2 S2's. All modified to my liking and all are great guitars that I play all the time. I also am a professional luthier so I think I know (hopefully) what a good guitar is. I have several custom built guitars that are amazing and all kinds of other things from "budget" to vintage to modern. They all have their purpose so play whatever you like and be happy.

Here's one of my favorites, a 2022 SE Custom 24 with Dragon II's and Mann Made bridge. I smile every time I play it. :D

IMG_2588.jpeg

TBH I'm in that "too fancy" camp too. I would have dealt with it if I'd fallen in love with a fancy PRS when I was shopping, but I didn't. Just as well, I wouldn't have wanted to take it to some of the dives I used to play, not safe, and out of keeping, just a bad idea all around. I would've felt weird even bringing it to a jam at a friend's house, just too shiny and overstated. I'm not fancy guy, you know?

😂 Suffering fools is so fun for me! In actuality it isn't suffering at all. It is sport. I do feel a slight tinge of guilt when the fools are out of their league. But when they overstep and throw lame insults the guilt vanishes instantly.

What is quantitative vs qualitative?
Quantitative data is numbers-based, countable, or measurable.
Qualitative data is interpretation-based, descriptive, and relating to language or emotional response.

TBH I'm in that "too fancy" camp too. I would have dealt with it if I'd fallen in love with a fancy PRS when I was shopping, but I didn't. Just as well, I wouldn't have wanted to take it to some of the dives I used to play, not safe, and out of keeping, just a bad idea all around. I would've felt weird even bringing it to a jam at a friend's house, just too shiny and overstated. I'm not fancy guy, you know?

Yeah I get it. I felt a little embarrassed at 1st but I got over it. I’m a woodworker and I love figured wood. The only thing I don’t like is the headstocks on PRS. The Santana headstock is the best. And the inverted headstock on the Silver Sky is cool too.

No, of course you don't care. People who don't care always spend this much time arguing with people who have a different opinion.
Did this take a lot of time in your book? Not mine.
Yeah, that's the hallmark of someone who doesn't care what others think. Well played, chief.

Did you read the post that Greg liked? My post was self evident. You are obviously a seriously intelligent dude @rog. I feel shame and sorrow due to your post. I will seriously reevaluate my life choices now.

Christopher Mcdonald Lol GIF

Took a break but back to band practice now. Please post more flames. No really I'm serious PLEASE. This is entertaining AF. As if anyone needed more proof of irrational PRS fanboi's.

Thank you all so much this has been glorious!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom