AX-8 and FM9...

I don't see why not, it can be run just like any other effects pedal. Loop it through IP-OP 2, If you looking to control the AX-8 from the FM9 I believe MIDI would work, not a full expert but it makes sense.

Does having just a regular quarter inch guitar cable running your Fractal Systems make a difference in how the settings sound ? Or do I need to get what they call I think burkbuster cables ?

FAD Humbuster Cables are what they are called. Do I need those for proper sound quality on the systems ?

When one finds a, let's say factory preset that one likes. Is it better to boost your volume with the amp level, the cab level or use the knob on your Fractal unit ? Even if you almost max the Fractal volume knobs out to get the volume you need.

they're all equivalent. the first two can cause digital clipping when you run out of headroom while the volume knob can cause analog clipping. If all presets used are levelled I use the volume knob to adjust the feed to the FOH mix.

So is what I'm hearing is to level actually all 4. Because I left out the master volume control on all settings also. So Instead of using one and clipping. Try boosting the Master, Amp level and Cab level to my liking and then use Volume knobs on front of the unit for variable control ?

So is what I'm hearing is to level actually all 4. Because I left out the master volume control on all settings also. So Instead of using one and clipping. Try boosting the Master, Amp level and Cab level to my liking and then use Volume knobs on front of the unit for variable control ?
Exactly. You don't want to mess with editing presets during soundcheck so make sure they're properly levelled at home then adjust the volume at the venue using the output knobs. Personally I don't use the amp controls at all as I do edit in AX8-Edit exclusively. YMMV

When you build a tone with your FM-9. Should I pick a good cab first and then thumbtack through the amps or visa versa ? Is there a way to know which cabs work best with which amps without going through everyone of them ?

Back
Top Bottom