Friedman IR-X

Thomas Obester

Experienced
Yesterday I´ve managed to find one in EU for the price as in US, super pumped about this.

Will use this as a fly-rig and as my practice rig, so I don´t have to haul each time from rehearsal my AXE 3 with FC12.

I´m curious to check it in front of AXE 3 and compare it with friedman models.

From the videos, it sounds like the big friedmans amps I used to have.

Many different routing options, bypass-able fx loop/IR´s, it´s really nice move from friedman IMO.

This looks like a perfect backup/fly-rig/fun solution for me.

I think it is a well thought out product. lots of flexibility as you can turn IR off but power amp simulation is still on, but if you just want the pre amp then just use the send out. Would integrate well with the Fractal if you wanted to use the Dynacabs or maybe the tube Pre for power amp simulation.

The software is powered by Synergy so I wondered if there will be updated syn1s etc that bring the simulated power amp and IRs into play.

I think it is a well thought out product. lots of flexibility as you can turn IR off but power amp simulation is still on, but if you just want the pre amp then just use the send out. Would integrate well with the Fractal if you wanted to use the Dynacabs or maybe the tube Pre for power amp simulation.

The software is powered by Synergy so I wondered if there will be updated syn1s etc that bring the simulated power amp and IRs into play.

I think they might start to produce similar pedals with other BAD brands in a near future.

Last edited:
By total coincidence I watch the demo on Reverb yesterday. Was not impressed. I think my Carvin Vai Legacy Drive preamp pedal smokes it.

Back
Top Bottom