Do you still buy pedals?

I still have the pedals I had when I got the FM3, but they are collecting dust. Some of the pedals I built myself including a faithful clone of an UniVibe and won’t sell because they are very nice. I have an older Xotic BB Preamp, older modified Cry Baby Wah. The last time I thought about buying a pedal was when Mike Fuller announced he was finished. That was mostly for nostalgia sake and everything was gone by the time I tried.😕 It’s been years since I bought a pedal. I have a couple mock ups on breadboards of some cool Fuzz Face circuits with nice matched germanium transistors that I’ve been wanting to solder onto boards and put into enclosures, but haven’t found the time.

Edit:
I just remembered my Eventide H9Max that I still use. Silly me…😝

Last edited:
I’m not buying new pedals, but I’m also not selling the ones I have. Mostly vintage and/or rare boxes, 70s and 80s Boss and Ibanez and those old square AMT’s with build in cabsims.
I remember that I still have my AMT electronics Metalizer though I have forgotten about it when I had a sansamp gt2 many years ago. But now, I've mostly use my FM3.

I sold all my Eventide Factor pedals, Skreddy pedals, GCP pro, and GCX switcher to buy the AX8.... I have not even looked at another pedal since. Absolutely no interest in pedals or amps since getting the AX8.

Haven't bought one in a couple years. Too lazy to sell the ones I have, so hopefully my King of Tone will be worth $10M in a few years :)

That is literally me, aside from not having a KOT. I picked up an FM3 last year and have not even looked at picking up any pedals (which is pretty amazing considering how much time I spent chasing the perfect tone). I have a big box of dozens of pedals just sitting in a closet. I keep thinking I could flip them and pick up a nice guitar but just don't have the energy to deal with the hassle of selling pedals on somewhere like Reverb.

Ever since I play electric I got used with rack units with footpedals or midi pedals and channel switches for my amps. Ibanez U400, Quadra verb, Digitech 2101LE..
The only pedals I ever owned as extra were a 4 button tube driver and a Wah pedal. Since Axe Fx2 only midi.

Back
Top Bottom