Gift of Tone #24 - TIM PIERCE

Great tones! But they don’t match what’s in his demo video?

that is exactly what I was thinking...I found the demo video much better???
He mentions that the demo shots were older clips of the factory presets (shown in the video) that were the basis for what became his favorite tones.

And... I think that there are some unintentional errors left from un-reset blocks and conversion errors from previous firmware versions. Working with Matt (and Tim?) as we speak.

Last edited:
I was wondering why @Burgs (aka Brett Kingman) was not one of the early artists. When the Gift of Tone started with @2112 (aka Leon Todd) I fully expected to see something from @Burgs. His absence seems a bit conspicuous.
Well if you check his recent presets available he has given many gifts of tone to us :) , His Brownface preset is incredible for that Country Tele twang
Then there was his Hendrix , His Keith Richards , His Rumbles , the list goes on , just got check out the Axe preset section . tons of gifts

Well if you check his recent presets available he has given many gifts of tone to us :) , His Brownface preset is incredible for that Country Tele twang
Then there was his Hendrix , His Keith Richards , His Rumbles , the list goes on , just got check out the Axe preset section . tons of gifts

I’m getting a lot of use from the Trainwreck preset he recently uploaded. And the Oranges. I’m on the FM3 so some of these need trimming but the amp blocks are there and whatever effects I keep. I’ve had good luck with @Burgs presets! Thanks man.

There were a few issues resulting in parameters from an older firmware version not having been reset/updated.
I just updated the zip file so it includes the revised versions. Thanks to @Moke for helping with this.

The web page is updated but here's the direct link too:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/misc/_gift22/FAS-gift22-24-Tim-Pierce-v2.zip
The Gate block sounds overly aggressive at -26db for some scenes (kills sustain). I think this may need to be tweaked, sounds off currently.

Last edited:
OK. I see only ODS-100 and Euro Blue in the FM9 preset. None of the amps in the video are in the preset.

Is this correct?

Back
Top Bottom