Sad but TRUE live ending feedback

Wiki

Hi how To do Down tuning feedback live version for the songSad but TRUE By Metallica? in studio version tuning D Flat std
ESP Snakebite Camo
EMG Hetset

Lots of gain and delay helps draw out the feedback. Stand close to your speakers. True acoustic coupling between the speakers and guitar takes a fair amount of volume. Depends on the guitar too. Lighter and more resonant guitars will feedback more easily. There are ways to simulate it to an extent with things like a sustainer/sustaniac system or pedals like the Digitech Freqout. I think there were some presets floating around here where people tried to recreate that kind of effect. Do a search for Digitech Freqout here on the forum and you'll probably find them.

try adding output compression on the amp dynamics page... select feedback or gain enhancer for type...

What about the movement of my body During the feedback?
It has an effect on the acoustic coupling and sometimes you need to turn toward the speaker, and sometimes you turn away, depending on what you need to have happen. Sometimes you move closer or farther. There's no straightforward answer because it's different for every guitar, amp, gain level, the speaker cabinet, and only experimenting will teach you what you need to do.

Carlos Santana is probably the best-known user of it. Watch videos of him playing and you can often see him make little adjustments to his position. Also, after sound check, he'll wander the stage playing and will mark the spot on the stage where his guitar will feedback as he wants. When he wants to hold a particular note he makes sure he's in the right spot.

Nice choice!

[
QUOTE="Wiki, post: 2326121, member: 89058"]
But i'm only Have two Mayer Monitors
[/QUOTE]

anecdote...
When my Axe-Fx II was pretty new and I had just gotten a cheap (and light) Gibson SG with P90ies, I ran through some presets and was flabbergasted how great the Axe had become, giving me "built-in" heavenly feedback on many amps... :eek: It took me a while to realize the action was too low and many times when I bent up the G string, it hit at the 12th fret, making this harmonic :p Magic moment and a bummer... (yeah, I know you can do this with a preset/pedal)

There is no feedback on One. Live or otherwise.

On Sad but True he literally rubs his guitar on a stage monitor, so do that.
It’s not really rubbing the guitar, it’s simply pressing the headstock, or the body, on the speaker cabinet. It’s a more direct way of creating “acoustic coupling” feedback only it’s truly physical coupling. It’s useful when the amp isn’t running very loud.

The downside is, the coupling is so strong it’s easy to lose control if running loud and depending on the guitar, and it ties you to being right beside the cabinet instead of 5-10’ away. Experiment with it.

Last edited:
There is no feedback on One. Live or otherwise.

On Sad but True he literally rubs his guitar on a stage monitor, so do that.
He is not talking about the song “one” 🤣. He just said that he wants “his” feedback. Exactly the same you know. And his jacket .

It’s not really rubbing the guitar, it’s simply pressing the headstock, or the body, on the speaker cabinet. It’s a more direct way of creating “acoustic coupling” feedback only it’s truly physical coupling. It’s useful when the amp isn’t running very loud.

The downside is, the coupling is so strong it’s easy to lose control if running loud and depending on the guitar, and it ties you to being right beside the cabinet instead of 5-10’ away. Experiment with it.

Hmmm, a bit more than "pressing the headstock" Greg.

Back
Top Bottom