FM3 DI Troubleshooting

That's to be expected. Those have no effect on the level going into the grid.

IMHO, you're not going to find the answer to your problem in your FM3. It's an environmental problem in your studio. Maybe the FM3 is more sensitive to it, whatever it is, than your other gear, but it's extremely unlikely it's something you can fix by mucking with system parameters or by swapping it with another FM3.
How can I find a solution to this Glenn?

Yes they respond differently you lose gain on the input lights if you put 18db you are almost touching the yellow but as the manual says the fm3 autocompensates that in the processed sound.
Ok. If the LED response changes that means the ADC is working correctly (as is the gain control for the ADC). And you're correct: the unit auto-compensates for the input signal based on the pad setting.

If you move the unit to some other house and it works fine, I agree with @GlennO here: the problem is your house in some way.

If you move the unit to some other house and it still sounds thin like this, I'd open another ticket with G66. Something isn't right.

If it works at another house the answer is your house is the problem. :(

You might need a visit from this lady...

2048.jpg

Ok. If the LED response changes that means the ADC is working correctly (as is the gain control for the ADC). And you're correct: the unit auto-compensates for the input signal based on the pad setting.

If you move the unit to some other house and it works fine, I agree with @GlennO here: the problem is your house in some way.

If you move the unit to some other house and it still sounds thin like this, I'd open another ticket with G66. Something isn't right.

Explain the problem to them before they come out, they can determine if they have the knowledge to help or not.
Yeah, and hire one that's been in business for at least a few decades, because they will be the ones that have seen the "unusual" issues.

Is there any hidden feature to do a hard reset? Like you would normally do with a phone or any other device? Apart from just resetting system parameters. Like pressing 2 buttons together, etc

No one here had this problem before right?

I don’t like to feel this special in this way

One of the things that helped in the past was restarting the power from the main box of my flat

But I don’t know if that was the real reason why the unit was getting fixed however the following day would start failing again.

Is there any hidden feature to do a hard reset? Like you would normally do with a phone or any other device? Apart from just resetting system parameters. Like pressing 2 buttons together, etc
It's not hidden:

Setup > Utilities > Reset and then Reset System Parameters from that page.

If you unplug everything from the FM3 at your house so it's just: guitar > FM3 and some headphones in the FM3 to monitor, does anything improve?
I saw your reply to this question that you tried the FM3 with your iLoud speaker but did you try it with headphones?

One possible solution would be to try a UPS that is always running off the battery.
I was proposed that before on a previous post of mine. I already invested in the Furman that really didnt solve the issue I was having. However is good because my gear is protected.

Do you think if this could be a ground issue?

It’s like when you don’t properly ground your guitar pickups and they sound very brittle with low gain and as soon as you checked that the wiring wasn’t grounded properly into the chasis or back plate then the sound with balls comes back

No one here had this problem before right?

I don’t like to feel this special in this way

One of the things that helped in the past was restarting the power from the main box of my flat

But I don’t know if that was the real reason why the unit was getting fixed however the following day would start failing again.
Yes, I remember reading a similar thread a while back. I think it was a weird noise that sometimes went away when he reset his main AC breaker. Or maybe that was you...

Back
Top Bottom