Anyone try a Kiesel Osiris guitar?

Have yet to play a Kiesel that made me want one. I used to have an older Carvin that I sold which was nice, but not crazy nice. IMHO YMMV.

The one in the video is a Zeus, not an Osiris, but they are basically the same guitar with a minor body shape difference. I had an 8-string Zeus for a couple of years and it was a great instrument, really high quality build that I could find no fault with. I would say I'm not the biggest fan of the hipshot trem as compared to say a Floyd or Ibanez, but it does work well just does not feel as nice to me. Ultimately I did not find myself playing 8-string much so I recently sold the guitar but I would definitely consider one again if I was going for a headless.

I bought one out of the showcase after having a Vader and deciding I preferred the bolt-on neck.

Honestly, it's one of the best constructed guitars I've ever had in 30 years of playing. You see stuff on the Internet about QC problems, but mine is flawless. I did wind up taking the pickups out. The Lithium (?) pickups were a little too treble-y for me and I prefer EMGs anyway. The trem is no where near as good as a Floyd, but still way better than a Strat-style trem. It's a feel thing, it stays in tune just fine but can be kind of pain to re-string. You have to get the ball-ends of the strings to sit right in a claw. Once you do it a fews times it's not a big deal.

Overall, very happy with the purchase. The prices and wait times have started to creep up a little, so if you can find a used one that may be the route to go. Always check their in-stock section. There are some good deals there from time to time and you don't have to wait on the build.

IMG-3416.JPG

I bought one out of the showcase after having a Vader and deciding I preferred the bolt-on neck.

Honestly, it's one of the best constructed guitars I've ever had in 30 years of playing. You see stuff on the Internet about QC problems, but mine is flawless. I did wind up taking the pickups out. The Lithium (?) pickups were a little too treble-y for me and I prefer EMGs anyway. The trem is no where near as good as a Floyd, but still way better than a Strat-style trem. It's a feel thing, it stays in tune just fine but can be kind of pain to re-string. You have to get the ball-ends of the strings to sit right in a claw. Once you do it a fews times it's not a big deal.

Overall, very happy with the purchase. The prices and wait times have started to creep up a little, so if you can find a used one that may be the route to go. Always check their in-stock section. There are some good deals there from time to time and you don't have to wait on the build.

View attachment 100589
What a beautiful guitar!!!!

Ahhh ok. He does guitar synth vids for Boss. So that's the only place I know him from. Great player.
I think we're seeing a shift in the paradigm for who gets a signature model. The driving force behind new players seems to be online personalities and so we'll be seeing more of this. Sofie Lloyd has a signature model and as far as I know has done nothing more than YT videos.

Kiesel has a lot of signature artists that I’ve never heard of. That doesn’t mean that they aren’t worthy of having signature guitars, just that I’m not in their key marketing demographic.

I own a Zeus 6 string and have another on the way. Great build quality. Sound great. They are customizable. IMO, the trick is to stay away from expensive options like fancy multi-piece necks, ebony control covers, super expensive woods, etc. That way you get a pro-quality instrument that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. IMG_2358.jpegIMG_2360.jpeg

Kiesel has a lot of signature artists that I’ve never heard of. That doesn’t mean that they aren’t worthy of having signature guitars, just that I’m not in their key marketing demographic.
Or maybe it means that in this CNC world, it doesn't cost them a lot to save a semi famous player's specs and offer to reproduce it for others. If 10 people take them up on it, that's 10 sales.

I wanted one, but the Hipshot trem is super heavy so I couldn't count on getting a 5lb guitar. I ended up going with a Strandberg. What I learned is that trems and headless just aren't a good combo because when you turn the tuners it is really hard to not move the bridge. This, coupled with the fact that bridge tuners are inherently fiddly, makes tuning a pain. Now I am thinking of selling the Strandberg and buying a hard tail Osiris - which for me, relegates this guitar to being my second instead of my main.

Next time I'm in LA I'll go to their showroom and play one.

Have you heard of Allan Holdsworth or Frank Gambale?

Back
Top Bottom