FM3 and FC-6 on a Temple Audio Duo 24

As it's been a while - and I've gigged with this new board for a few months now, I thought I'd post the result of my project here:
FM3 Board 1.JPG

Attachments

• FM3 Board 2.JPG
    FM3 Board 2.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 85
  • FM3 Board 3.JPG
    FM3 Board 3.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
  • FM3 Board 4.JPG
    FM3 Board 4.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
I'ver never used a pedalboard before, so this is very new to me. I need one for my FM3, FC6 and my EV1 and Mission pedals. I'm not understanding how you secure everything to the pedalboard. Do you take the feet off the Fractal units and pedals?

I'ver never used a pedalboard before, so this is very new to me. I need one for my FM3, FC6 and my EV1 and Mission pedals. I'm not understanding how you secure everything to the pedalboard. Do you take the feet off the Fractal units and pedals?
0929212225.jpg

0929212220b_HDR.jpg

0929212220a_HDR.jpg

I use the Temple quick release plates with spacers and extra adhesive squares. Bonus is the LED light strips fit nicely under them and you can route cables under the unit as well as under the pedalboard, to ease cable management....

0102221019.jpg

That looks like a really good solution. Did you use the medium squares or large? I don't understand the spacers part. Do you put them between the Temple plates and the Fractal unit to add height? How do you secure the Temple plates to your FM9 with the spacers?
Sorry for the stupid questions, but I've never used a pedalboard before.

Where did you get the spacers?

That looks like a really good solution. Did you use the medium squares or large?

Medium, except for the wah controller and a couple of the small doodads, where I used the smalls.

I don't understand the spacers part. Do you put them between the Temple plates and the Fractal unit to add height?

I mount the quick disconnect bits, put the spacers on the adhesive that comes attached to them, put an adhesive square on top of each spacer, then place the unit on top of the stack. This is the easy way to line up the mounts with the holes in the board that secure them.

How do you secure the Temple plates to your FM9 with the spacers?

You can order extra adhesive squares. They are basically heavy duty double-sided tape. You make a Dagwood sandwich out of the plates, spacers, and adhesive squares, basically. I have more pics....

Sorry for the stupid questions, but I've never used a pedalboard before.

Where did you get the spacers?
@ZenRigs Man has all the spacers, lights, and other doodads and thingies you see under my bits and bobs on the boards.

I forgot to ask: With your pedals, did you only use 1 small Temple plate per pedal or 2? I'm trying to figure out how many plates to order.

I forgot to ask: With your pedals, did you only use 1 small Temple plate per pedal or 2? I'm trying to figure out how many plates to order.
I used 2 mediums under the EV2s, and four smalls under the wah. One in the middle would likely hold it, but then the pedal rocks slightly on it. Two made them rock solid. In the case if the wah, I was out of mediums and had extra smalls due to a config change before assemblr, so I used what was at hand....

Thanks, Joe! I just have to figure out which pedal board for my FM3, FC6 and 2 pedals.

Last edited:
Thanks, Joe! I just have to figure out whick pedal board for my FM3, FC6 and 2 pedals.
The other way you can do it with a Temple Audio board is to remove the 4 corner screws from the "feet" of your FM3 or FC-6 and use a small washer plus longer screws (M3.5-.06x16mm) and attach thru the holes in the board.

I'm not sure about the EV pedals as I don't have those.

Thanks, Joe! I just have to figure out whick pedal board for my FM3, FC6 and 2 pedals.
YW.

Here's the pedalboard assembly pics I have from the FM9 integration:
0929212225a.jpg
1001211631_HDR.jpg

1001211631a_HDR.jpg
1001211634_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211001_165125.jpg

I moved the lower left corner mount in and back a bit to clear the fan grille underneath. The next-to-last pic shows the extra adhesie squares about to go on. Peel, stick and mount the FM9 on top, and yer done....

Thanks, unix-guy!

Joe, sorry for all the questions. In your photos with the adhesive squares (2nd to last photo), I guess I had it figured out differently in my head. With the Temple release plates fastened to the pedalboard with the spacers, I'm not connecting how you fasten it that way to the Fractal unit.
In that photo, the adhesive squares go where? I don't see them in your photos.

Thanks, unix-guy!

Joe, sorry for all the questions. In your photos with the adhesive squares (2nd to last photo), I guess I had it figured out differently in my head. With the Temple release plates fastened to the pedalboard with the spacers, I'm not connecting how you fasten it that way to the Fractal unit.
In that photo, the adhesive squares go where? I don't see them in your photos.
That is the photo I neglected in the photolog - the application of the adhesive square bits (which you saw set out ready to go in the one pic) to the top if the spacers. Once the various layers of the Dagwood sammich were in place on the top of the Temple quick disconnect plates, I stuck the FM9 on top, being careful to line it up so the lower left stack of goodies missed the fan grille underneath.... HTH!

I'm going with the Tempe Audio Duo 24 for my FM3 and FC6. I don't want one huge pedalboard. I have an EV1 and Mission EP1 expression pedals. They're not even 9" wide. Any suggestions for them? Temple Audio doesn't have anything smaller than 24" that I saw.

I'm going with the Tempe Audio Duo 24 for my FM3 and FC6. I don't want one huge pedalboard. I have an EV1 and Mission EP1 expression pedals. They're not even 9" wide. Any suggestions for them? Temple Audio doesn't have anything smaller than 24" that I saw.
Temple make a Duo 17 as well! You might want to hang on till Friday Sukh from Zenrigs is re opening his store and he might have something designed to hold 2 expression pedals. I'm not sure if he's releasing it yet but it might be worth waiting for. You can check out his FB page until then he has a couple of photos on there on what he's been working on.

https://www.facebook.com/ZenRigs

Last edited:
stephenclark1: The only issue with a big pedalboard is the weight...and size. I wanted 2 small ones. Easier to handle, I would think. Since the FM3 and FC6 are around 12lbs each, and the pedals are....2lbs each??... well, I guess it wouldn't be heavy after all.

I do have a question though: Underneath your pedalboard are 2 things you plug into. What are they? (Like I said, I'm new to pedalboards.)

Back
Top Bottom