Metallica uses Axe Fx

Was it really necessary to edit the title of my post? lol...it was posed as a question not a statment. I don't think it's cool at all for admins to rename the title of users posts. That's very draconian.

Was it really necessary to edit the title of my post? lol...it was posed as a question not a statment. I don't think it's cool at all for admins to rename the title of users posts. That's very draconian.
They do whatever they want, to further their business. Its their site. The agreement gives them total autonomy. They were probably wanting to help people searching in the future, or search engine optimization. I wouldnt assume a negative reason.

Metallica gets cr@p because they are successful and wealthy. Those two things breed contempt.
Is it OK for you to criticize one of your important customer?
This is not to blame Cliff, I’m rather concerned about the risk of FAS losing an important business partner.

Well, the question has been answered, might as well change the title than have people read 8 pages of people moaning off topic about Lars's drumming or Kirk's chops.

Man, I can't believe how relaxed Kirk looks when he's soloing. I was watching the recent videos of Megadeth rehearsal that Kiko had posted and Dave looked so tense when he was soloing it looked like it hurt.

Axe-Fx III tones here sound fantastic and Kirk's ripping solos like he's 25. :D

To be honest i find their live tone awful. A mud fest. Since the Load era where thy started using dual recs and later also Diezels, their tone has been consistently bad. To my knowledge they currently use a mix of Mesa (i m not sure if it s the mark or the dual rec, i think it is the dual rec) and the vh4 and is really bad, very muddy with no saturation. Stuff like single string palm mutes sound so bad.

To be honest i find their live tone awful. A mud fest. Since the Load era where thy started using dual recs and later also Diezels, their tone has been consistently bad. To my knowledge they currently use a mix of Mesa (i m not sure if it s the mark or the dual rec, i think it is the dual rec) and the vh4 and is really bad, very muddy with no saturation. Stuff like single string palm mutes sound so bad.
Strongly disagree. Are you judging the tone on YouTube clips or actual concerts? I have seem them at least 12 times since the Black Album tour and the live tone has consistently been great through all the various rigs. To be honest some of the best tones were the Load/Reload era tours. (James on multiple modded Triaxis and Kirk with Racktifiers)

Strongly disagree. Are you judging the tone on YouTube clips or actual concerts? I have seem them at least 12 times since the Black Album tour and the live tone has consistently been great through all the various rigs. To be honest some of the best tones were the Load/Reload era tours. (James on multiple modded Triaxis and Kirk with Racktifiers)

+1

My favorite live tones are from around the S&M/Woodstock 99 era... Thick & beefy.

Although I love the 89-93 era, nowadays I find those tones brittle, shrill. Best Metallica era IMHO, even if (for me anyways) the tone wasn't so great, it had just the kind of aggression needed for such beastly performances.

+1

My favorite live tones are from around the S&M/Woodstock 99 era... Thick & beefy.

Although I love the 89-93 era, nowadays I find those tones brittle, shrill. Best Metallica era IMHO, even if (for me anyways) the tone wasn't so great, it had just the kind of aggression needed for such beastly performances.

I think MetallicA hit a major peak at the Woodstock ‘99 show and that is the high point of their live shows for me. They were a well oiled machine at that point and James still had some major anger and attitude that contributed to that show in a big way.

both. Last time i saw them was in 2017. The tone was bad. I absolutely hate the Load era tone, so muddy, no saturation. I listen to the san diego live vs the post 2000s lives and to me it is day and night. I guess we just have different taste in tones.

Back
Top Bottom