Expression pedal won’t reach 10 value

D20

Power User
I just calibrated my expression pedal and it only will go from 0-9.45 with the sweep of the pedal. I’m using a boss TRS cable that I’ve always used. The min and max values are set to 0 and 10. The dial on the Boss expression pedal is also set to minimum. I’m not sure what else would cause this. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this? Anything else I can try?

1. Are you plugged into the back of fx3 or into a foot controller? Depending in your answer you may have calibratedbit vis the wrong screen.
2. Can you include a screen shot (ideally from axe-edit) of the window showing the values you are trying to control? I had this problem with a wah setting. I calibrated it correctly, had the min/max set corrrntly, but there was another setting where the toe down max had been turned down a little. Doing this from memory (not with my unit) so my terminology is 100% correct.

Reactions: D20
1629563842602.png
Found a visual to better explain above. My min and max are set correctly, but for some reason the “scale” setting wasn’t set to “1”. It was set to 0.914. So I wasn’t getting the full 0 to 10 Sweep on this wah setting. Shot in the dark, but hopefully helpful to you.

Yeah, I have this issue a lot as well, despite calibrating the pedal multiple times. Not good when doing Whammy stuff with the pitch block and you end up -2 cents short while playing more than one string. I end up tweaking the scale/offset to make up for it.

Whenever I calibrate a pedal with the Axe, I stop just short of both the minimum and maximum travel of the pedal. You'll need to start the calibration with the pedal somewhere in the middle of its travel- also, remember to press <ENTER> when you're done. ;)
Using this method seems to consistently provide full range with modifiers.

1. Are you plugged into the back of fx3 or into a foot controller? Depending in your answer you may have calibratedbit vis the wrong screen.
2. Can you include a screen shot (ideally from axe-edit) of the window showing the values you are trying to control? I had this problem with a wah setting. I calibrated it correctly, had the min/max set corrrntly, but there was another setting where the toe down max had been turned down a little. Doing this from memory (not with my unit) so my terminology is 100% correct.
Yes I'm plugged into an FC12

I recently traded my FC6 + cash for this FC12. Would the FC12 have anything to do with it? For calibration I went to :
Each pedal needs to be calibrated before use: 1) On the Axe-Fx III, open SETUP | FC Controllers and turn to the Remote page. 2) Navigate to the Pedal Calibration function for the desired pedal and press ENTER. 3) Follow the instructions to calibrate. The on-screen “slider” should move as you do. 4) Press ENTER when finished. Repeat this process for each connected pedal and press EXIT or HOME when finished

Attachments

• pedal settings.PNG
    pedal settings.PNG
    84.2 KB · Views: 19
  • volume settings.PNG
    volume settings.PNG
    60.7 KB · Views: 18
I tried calibrating again keeping the pedal in the middle before starting but this didn't help.

Make certain you are calibrating from the FC Controllers menu and not the I/O menu if your pedal is plugged into an FC controller.

Definitely calibrating from the FC Controllers menu on the Axe screen.
I can still only get to 9.45 as the max

I even tried a different pedal and it only gets to 9.45 still

Yeah, I have this issue a lot as well, despite calibrating the pedal multiple times. Not good when doing Whammy stuff with the pitch block and you end up -2 cents short while playing more than one string. I end up tweaking the scale/offset to make up for it.

I did change the offset and the scale and I can get 0 and 10, but I wish it would work with the calibration and I could get the full range.

So I was on 1.09. I just updated the firmware. I'm on 1.12 now.
Is this a bug? If this is a bug would it be with the FC12 or Axe Fx?

I've tried 2 expression pedals and both only get to 9.45

It sounds like it could be something with that FC-12. If the same pedal and cable calibrate and work fine in the AX8 or in one of the pedal jacks on the Axe III's back panel (calibrated through the I/O menu in that case), then it could be a hardware issue with that FC-12. I'd contact support.

It sounds like it could be something with that FC-12. If the same pedal and cable calibrate and work fine in the AX8 or in one of the pedal jacks on the Axe III's back panel (calibrated through the I/O menu in that case), then it could be a hardware issue with that FC-12. I'd contact support.

I’ll try to reach out to them. Many thanks!!!

I just calibrated my expression pedal and it only will go from 0-9.45 with the sweep of the pedal. I’m using a boss TRS cable that I’ve always used. The min and max values are set to 0 and 10. The dial on the Boss expression pedal is also set to minimum. I’m not sure what else would cause this. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this? Anything else I can try?

I have the same issue. Never quite gets to 100%. I'm not using it as a whammy or anything that I'd need the extra 0.04 units, but it has puzzled me for a while. I'm using an FC-6, with the expression pedal plugged directly into the FC-6. I recently changed the vol pedal to be a global vol pedal so I don't see it or experience it like I did before.

Oh also using Moog EP-3 pedal(s). They're real inexpensive $49... but very usable.

Back
Top Bottom