AFIII Turn-around

Justincase

Power User

EVH inspired riff with a fun little turn around in it done on Axefx3

I doubt the passing of any other celebrity will ever have such a profound effect on me. I was truly sad. Maybe because it was the soundtrack of my youth. I spent countless HOURS trying to learn some of his solos.

Fantastic man! I'm still reeling from the loss of EVH as well. I was young lad in Jr High when EVH exploded on the scene. I can still remember the opening tour at the Capital Center in Landover, MD. I was completely blown away.

Love this recording.

What amp are you using for this, if you don't mind me asking.
Not at all. Here it is:
I'm using two amp and two cab blocks in parallel and blending them.

Amp 1 CA3+lead
Cab block 1 = 4x12pvh6160(rw) mixed with 4x12 angle 160 d1 ml

Amp 2 pvh 6160+ lead
Cab block 2 = 4x12 recto 57f

Funny I settled on those amps cuz I'd never even heard of the CA+3. I knew I liked the 5150 but landed on the CA+3 auditioning amps....come to find out EVH used it on the F.U.C.K. album. Go figure. Lol. I think he used it on dream another dream

EVH inspired riff with a fun little turn around in it done on Axefx3

I doubt the passing of any other celebrity will ever have such a profound effect on me. I was truly sad. Maybe because it was the soundtrack of my youth. I spent countless HOURS trying to learn some of his solos.

Awesome recording Justin sounds great.

Yeah that sounded really cool! These recordings I've listened to here made me check out some DAW software. I no nothing about it. May have to end up getting one. Sigh. They really look like fun!

Fantastic man! I'm still reeling from the loss of EVH as well. I was young lad in Jr High when EVH exploded on the scene. I can still remember the opening tour at the Capital Center in Landover, MD. I was completely blown away.
Cool! Another fellow Capitol Center alumni! Used to camp out at Hecht Co at Annapolis Mall for tickets. Fun times.

Yeah that sounded really cool! These recordings I've listened to here made me check out some DAW software. I no nothing about it. May have to end up getting one. Sigh. They really look like fun!
I know nothing about them either. This track was my first. I just used audacity. It's free and since I'm just laying unedited tracks it works fine for simple stuff. The simple drum track is from my old GNX4. One day I'd like to get a paid DAW and learn to program drums...I'm just old and lazy now. Lol

Cool! Another fellow Capitol Center alumni! Used to camp out at Hecht Co at Annapolis Mall for tickets. Fun times.
A friend's mother worked in the ticket office at the Hechts in PG Plaza. She set aside the good tickets for many great shows back in the day. I was lucky enough to be close for the first VH tour and second row for Ozzy and RR at Merriweather Post Pavillion. After she quit, we had to camp out at the Hechts in Silver Spring.

One day I'd like to get a paid DAW and learn to program drums...I'm just old and lazy now. Lol
I watched this. Made it look pretty easy. (I could easily get lost in this for hours, but the Axe is already doing this for me, so I need to be careful. ;)) Then I checked out the prices for Ableton Live. Looks like there's a very basic version for 100 bucks.

A friend's mother worked in the ticket office at the Hechts in PG Plaza. She set aside the good tickets for many great shows back in the day. I was lucky enough to be close for the first VH tour and second row for Ozzy and RR at Merriweather Post Pavillion. After she quit, we had to camp out at the Hechts in Silver Spring.
That's exactly how I got my first show tickets for Rush, 7th row from the stage! Another time me and a buddy headed straight to the mall on the Friday night we had heard Ozzy (BATM tour) tickets going on sale that Monday. There was already a line of 7 people, so I drove to the Hecht in Bowie, was the first ones there, and got 2nd row!

That's exactly how I got my first show tickets for Rush, 7th row from the stage! Another time me and a buddy headed straight to the mall on the Friday night we had heard Ozzy (BATM tour) tickets going on sale that Monday. There was already a line of 7 people, so I drove to the Hecht in Bowie, was the first ones there, and got 2nd row!

Dang, man. My first show was Rush.

Pretty sure Fastway opened up for them. Neil Peart's kick drum
damn near killed me! Had never heard anything like that in my
then short life. :)

Some of us geezers, and not quite geezers, were so blessed to grow up when
we did. You could get great seats, cheap, and sometimes the cheapest seats were
what they called "General Admission." This meant you were on the floor of an Arena
and could get all the way to the front if you were patient and determined.... or had a cute
girlfriend. :)

Or you could hang back by the soundboard and get the best sound in the building.

Now the freaking shows are so "corporate" and from the time you park they are squeezing
every damn $$$ out of your pocket until you start to ponder whether or not concerts
are worth the time and trouble anymore. If you can get tickets. :p

Back
Top Bottom