How to hook Axe-Fx III up to computer to act as recording interface?

Weird. The port on the Axe says usb, the Manual says usb, and typing usb into google shows the correct, normal usb cable. It’s just a standard usb cable.

There are a number of types of "standard USB cables"; we have a drawer full of them, with a variety of connectors on the far end. If you don't print or scan or if you do those things wirelessly, you might not be familiar with that type of USB cable, which is usually called a USB printer cable. I suspect lots of younger people have never seen one.

Danny W.

Wow! The guys question sure seemed "sincere" to me. I know trade workers (electricians, plumbers, etc) who have no idea what a usb cable is and how many types there are but they can rebuild your house for you and wire it.
I mean USB 1.1, usb 2.0, usb 3.0, usb 3.01, then of course we have type C. I still do repairs on the side for Windows and small networks and you have no idea how many "not" computer literate people are. Give the guy a break.

Kind of reminds me of my very first post in April of 2009. I was blasted for something I was told I should have searched for.
Not all that ask questions are lazy and guitar player does not mean you know anything about computers, etc.

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone gave the OP that much grief, no one said GTFO with your stupid question.... maybe it’s just somewhat older guys like myself amused that people don’t know what a USB cable is..... maybe it’s a reflection that we are more out of touch than the OP lol

Always too much “white knight” complex on forums.... OP doesn’t need a champion to defend his honor after all.....

I bet if I asked you guys what a 9v battery snap in a pedal was for I’d catch some slack for it no? Kind of a silly question from a guitar player who’s owned a few hundred stomp boxes, but maybe I’ve only used the DC jack and never a battery...:

Maybe I’ve never changed a smoke detector....

It could happen I don’t don’t know a 9v battery, but it’s amusing since probably 99% of people buying dollar store 9v’s are guitar players with fuzz pedals....

Can’t we sometimes laugh at ourselves or others without it being mean spirited and instead just a funny take on how crazy this modern world is and how fast technology moves along?

There are a number of types of "standard USB cables"; we have a drawer full of them, with a variety of connectors on the far end. If you don't print or scan or if you do those things wirelessly, you might not be familiar with that type of USB cable, which is usually called a USB printer cable. I suspect lots of younger people have never seen one.

Danny W.
Actually, there really aren't... There are mini and micro USB, etc, but the USB type A to USB type B is considered the "standard".

Anyway, the OP still has not confirmed that he is even if talking about USB so we are all just guessing.

The one for the Axe is called USB.

Others add a word like micro, mini, 3, etc.

The one without any qualifiers is typically the standard.

Sorry sonny, I ran a large engineering department for 20 years and I don't take anyone's word for anything, especially IT guys. ;)

Danny W.
Great... Feel free to call it what you like, but it is the standard whether you believe it is or not.

Weird. The port on the Axe says usb, the Manual says usb, and typing usb into google shows the correct, normal usb cable. It’s just a standard usb cable.
Don’t do that. Not everyone is a wiz or even fluent in basic computer stuff. I get it. You respond to all kinds of dumb questions but don’t be like that. You’re better than that.

Don’t do that. Not everyone is a wiz or even fluent in basic computer stuff. I get it. You respond to all kinds of dumb questions but don’t be like that. You’re better than that.
At that point he still hasn’t confirmed that he knows it’s USB at all.

People need to stop telling me what to do around here.

At that point he still hasn’t confirmed that he knows it’s USB at all.

People need to stop telling me what to do around here.
You came off harsh. It’s just basic constructive criticism. I get criticized in my job all the time. You can either be open minded or closed minded. That’s up to you.

Back
Top Bottom