What speaker do you use

Interesting ...

Have you ever done a side by side comparison of the PE60 against any of the usual FRFR solutions?

Or, say you leave Cab sim active and are happy with the modelled FOH sound if you take a wander out front - what do you find advantageous about the PE60? I'm sure it can't emulate the modelled tone seeing as it's not FRFR - but does it help create a more natural backline sound?
Well like I said, I prefer open back cabs and I believe most of the FRFR speakers listed here are fully closed. I've owner my Ultra since 2007 and maybe I'm not the normal user but I was never worried so much about EXACTLY nailing a modeled amp as much as I enjoyed all the different tones. And, the price point and portability of the PE60 was attractive to me. No, I never did a side by side. Yes, I leave the cab sim on and the FOH has always been good. Sometimes great, never bad.

So far I've used Alto TS210, EV ZLX12p, Yorkville E10p, Yamaha DXR8, really like the Yorkville but it's just too heavy...

Greetings,

I'm using a pair of Alto TS212s. At a little under US $515 for the pair (purchased at Guitar Center with a coupon), it seemed like a good economical way to at least get in the FRFR ballpark.

Cheers,

Alan

So far I've used Alto TS210, EV ZLX12p, Yorkville E10p, Yamaha DXR8, really like the Yorkville but it's just too heavy...

Have you looked at the NX10c? I saw that yesterday in a thread in the amp and cab section. Pretty cool little speaker 10" coaxial, 300 watts program in a 25Lb package $500.

Have you looked at the NX10c? I saw that yesterday in a thread in the amp and cab section. Pretty cool little speaker 10" coaxial, 300 watts program in a 25Lb package $500.

I didn't know until you tell just now, will check that thread for sure

I will rent at my local Long Mcquade to try

Also there is a new line Matrix Fr10 and Fr12, weight only 9kg, but much more $$ than the Yorkville

They're the exact same weight as the ZLX-12p. I'm wondering what you thought of the FRFRs you just listed... are you looking for something better?

I didn't know until you tell just now, will check that thread for sure

I will rent at my local Long Mcquade to try

Also there is a new line Matrix Fr10 and Fr12, weight only 9kg, but much more $$ than the Yorkville

I would like to find a place to demo these, If they are as good as some of the other Yorkville offerings these would make a killer compact stereo rig!

They're the exact same weight as the ZLX-12p. I'm wondering what you thought of the FRFRs you just listed... are you looking for something better?

Hi there,

Here is the order in my opinion of course

Best sounding: Yorkville E10P ( recommend from one of forumer here): I rent for 2 weeks, LOVE the sound, Not boomy at all, all the presets I tweak from my headphone transparant well, no EQ need, I brought to reherasal, all my band mate can hear my tone nice and clear, no need to go to mixer, super loud, one speaker and I can deal with 50w tube amp guitarist and noisy drummer. Downsize is this thing is super heavy for me, I went to Ax8 to downsize my rig and weitght is most important factor for me

2e is DXR8:good sound ,, very nice sound but not as good as the Yorkville, dont know why, I think it's 8" speaker.I need to tweak my preset a little, , I just need to tweak the Cab block low cut and high cut to suit my ear, downsize: heavy and hell expensive here in Toronto

3rd: EV ZLX: sound ok, too much MID to my ear, it's loud, but IMO not worth 500$ CAN.

Worst :Alto, yes I know lot of guys disagree with me but it sound very boomy, bassy, super hard to dial the tone, one good thing is super light !!

I'm planning to purchase Matrix FR10, let's see

Hi there,

Here is the order in my opinion of course

Best sounding: Yorkville E10P ( recommend from one of forumer here): I rent for 2 weeks, LOVE the sound, Not boomy at all, all the presets I tweak from my headphone transparant well, no EQ need, I brought to reherasal, all my band mate can hear my tone nice and clear, no need to go to mixer, super loud, one speaker and I can deal with 50w tube amp guitarist and noisy drummer. Downsize is this thing is super heavy for me, I went to Ax8 to downsize my rig and weitght is most important factor for me

2e is DXR8:good sound ,, very nice sound but not as good as the Yorkville, dont know why, I think it's 8" speaker.I need to tweak my preset a little, , I just need to tweak the Cab block low cut and high cut to suit my ear, downsize: heavy and hell expensive here in Toronto

3rd: EV ZLX: sound ok, too much MID to my ear, it's loud, but IMO not worth 500$ CAN.

Worst :Alto, yes I know lot of guys disagree with me but it sound very boomy, bassy, super hard to dial the tone, one good thing is super light !!

I'm planning to purchase Matrix FR10, let's see
Thanks @metallica86!

Yeah all I am needing is something cheap but will sound ok. Really wish I could find something that could go to both gigs and for home setting it up and would allow me to hook headphones in etc.

Yeah all I am needing is something cheap but will sound ok. Really wish I could find something that could go to both gigs and for home setting it up and would allow me to hook headphones in etc.

The Krokits I mentioned above are super nice for a very reasonable price. I fall you wanted was home/studio they are fine. I don't know that I have ever seen a set with headphone jacks but they might be out there. I would guess they would be in an all in one FRFR speaker if anything. Obviously there are better monitors but not in the price. I would not get them for critical mixing. There is a bit of mid/bass hump in mine.

Im using a pair of HK PRO 12 MA wedges/ stereo setup. They are 12 inch speakers. I like the punch from the 12's giving me some kick in the stomach. Tried 8 and 10's they seem to lack that " Hrmmffff" for me.

Back
Top Bottom