Your preferred DAW

Have used Pro Tools, Cubase, Reaper, Studio One and another one I cant recall right now. Studio One has been my choice and probably will be for quite some time.

Cheers
Ant

Studio One. Got all the functionality of a "big" daw but feels so fast and stable. Had some issues with Cubase crashing and taking too much resources on the pc, but studio one has never crashed on me.

Cubase since 2005 ... Cubase 8 pro right now . I have Reaper too , it really depends by use and money ... Cubase has a lot of super feature that are great but not necessary 100% if you're a hobbyist .
But this feature becomes available when at list on Artist or Pro
Finally home and studio recording is pretty much about workflow quality
No one loves being lost in a session wasting time on something not music related , so finally you will be your judge .
I had a few recording session ( as musician ) on ProTools but I'm not enough experienced to compare with Cubase .
If Reaper that has everything you need as a Daw but perhaps lacks in UI ... I strongly suggest you Cubase ... If you can grow some money ...go for Artist 8 ... You will be no disappointed

ProTools HD System here. - Its the only DAW i'll use for tracking/Mixing. - If I'm doing anything complex/arrangements then I'll use Cubase as it has a better Midi system.

For the record, all DAWS are the same in terms of sound, its simply what you like as a interface. they all do the same thing at the end.. but its how it does it that matters.. stability is the key as well as fast co-ordination.
Be that as it may.. its really what ones the prettiest! : )

ProTools Native here with two UAD cards.

I sold my ProTools interface and am using the Fractal AxeFx II XL+ as my interface right now. Building a new house so saving some $$.

I'm not a fan of Avid's business practices, but I am a fan of Pro Tools. I've tried to make the switch to other DAW's a few times over the years (Reaper, Logic, Studio One) but I keep coming back to Pro Tools. It just feels like home. IMO, it has the best workflow and user interface of those I've tried. And it runs super stable on my system.

Cubase 8 win7
I never mastered another daw because I had le free versions with hardware and then stayed with them

Reaper you can use it for free but its best to pay for it to keep the developement going.

I used Sonar for years, and learned on it, but after engineering and mixing an album for my old band in Pro Tools (that's what the studio had), I switched. As much as I don't like Avid, Pro Tools fits my workflow rather well.

Reaper. For 60 bucks, it does everything I'll ever need in a DAW just fine and is infinitely customizable with different themes, scripts, screensets, extensions, and so on. It has really streamlined performance and boots up quickly. It's installation footprint is tiny and can also be made into a portable install for running off a flash drive. The Reaper forum is a very active, enthusiastic community that's eager to help anyone and everyone. It's main drawback is advanced MIDI functionality,but I've had no issues with it when programming drums or other software instruments. Considering it has 60 day unlimited trial, you've got nothing to loose by checking it out.

Absolute favorite of all time was more of a hard disk recording system and not really a DAW - Radar24 with the classic converters. Had this hooked up to a SoundCraft Ghost 24 channel inline console and was never happier with any other recording rig before or since. Sadly, had to sell that rig off a couple of years ago when I got laid off. I'd been using AcidPro 7 for years - mostly for loop-based production stuff - and finally got tired of waiting for Sony to update it. About a month ago, I finally transitioned to Cubase Pro 8 on a Win 7 machine. I'm not a fan of DAW's or recording in the box generally but Cubase seems to be the least odious of the various 'solutions' I've tried over the years. It's been stable so far and has a decent feature set that allows me to record and mix without too much hassle.

Back
Top Bottom