BigBox IR's!!

One question--are the presets in the Bronze bundle with Ultra-Res cabs or just normal? I guess that question actually applies to all the presets.

Just curious because with the newer OH libraries you have to make your own with the .wav files.

Yup all are UltraRes indeed.

Congrats!

I need a little clarification. Sorry.

I see the Bronze has...

All AxeFX Preset Bundles 450+ (New Preset + IR all in one)
30 Speaker cabs captured then Amps made to match.
All Guides/docs/Wallcharts
Free Full Support

And the Sliver has..

All IR Mixes (2400+)
Mixes of 30+cabs and 12 mics + preamps and other misc gear.
All in AxeFX Format & WAVs
Free Full Support

Just so Im clear on the difference, Bronze just has the professionally matched Preset + IR . Where Silver adds a bunch of IR mixes. Could you explain what this means?

And the Gold has..

All IR’s (3500+)
All IR Mixes (2400+)
30 Speakers, 12 Mics + Preamps + other H/W Captured Plus 2×12/4×12 versions
All in AxeFX Format & WAVs
TAF-Xchange Keys to give you extra access to shared user content
Free Updates
Free Full Support

Does this add a whole bunch more IRs to the single basic ones used in Bronze. Sorry, Im just a little confused about the different things offered in each package.

Just so Im clear on the difference, Bronze just has the professionally matched Preset + IR . Where Silver adds a bunch of IR mixes. Could you explain what this means?
It appears that the levels are not "additive". From what I can gather Bronze and Platinum are the only ones to include the PRESET+IR bundles.

It's also alluded to here:

For Platinum & Bronze users. you will need this link.

Samples | The Amp Factory...Sounds of the past, present and future

I've always loved the TAF collection, so I'm probably going all in.

@rockguitarizan

To clarify, (apologies if you already know this).
But What I mean by the two differences between IR's is this :-

IR Mixes & All IR's are two different things, IR Mixes are "mixes" made from the raw data captures (speaker/mics/pre's) etc. - the ""ALL IR's" means all the raw data. so where the Platinum & gold have all the IRs (individual cabs with mics/rooms/ambience/other Hardware) that you can use to make your own mixes. - I also included over 2000 Mixes for you to already use. - so if your the guy that likes to tweek a lot, build your own chain etc, then the gold is perfect. - but if yoru more a load and play guy, then perhaps silver is good.

Sorry if any of that doesn't make sense. its late here and Im drinking coffee to keep awake!.

Thanks for clarifying. That almost clears things up for me.

Im interested in the Silver since Im not a big tweaker of IRs,

but I really like the

that are mentioned as a part of the Bronze.

Am I missing something here? Are they not included in Silver as well? I dont see them listed in the description of Silver.

Succinctly put, why no 450 Presets in Silver or Gold?

Last edited:
Thanks for clarifying. That almost clears things up for me.

Im interested in the Silver since Im not a big tweaker of IRs,

but I really like the

that are mentioned as a part of the Bronze.

Am I missing something here? Are they not included in Silver as well? I dont see them listed in the description of Silver.

Succinctly put, why no 450 Presets in Silver or Gold?

Morning.
I did the bundles 4 ways to offer the chance of freedom, or expertise. - the Platinum is aimed at the guy who wants to explore, create, make and enjoy with the complete choices to them. - Gold is based on Normal IR workings as you see in every other packs released, and is aimed at those that prefer to create there own presets/IR mixes etc, - Silver, more of a skinny gold, so that it appeals to people that don't care much for creating own mixes, or worrying about what mic goes with what cab.. its all done for you. - and then Bronze is just the presets for folks to enjoy a starting place a quick fix so to speak. - I did not add the Presets to the other sets because not everyone wants the same thing. - this way you all have a choice about what you take.

But no matter what one you choose that's right for you. - there is a LOT of content in all of them, Hugh actually. I see it like this...

Platinum, Explorer/Creative/Has good knowledge & wants to do things for himself, but has the option not too
Gold, Explorer/creative type that wants to create from scratch
Silver, Simone who doesn't have too much time to fiddle, would rather just load and play
Bronze, Doesnt liek the thought of Preset building with IR's, and would rather have a one click solution, and ready to play.

Thats what I was aiming for anyway :)

What cabinet was used to capture these IRs? 1x12,2x12?

Here you go..

Speaker Cabs/Drivers

Celestion Blue - Montage 2x12 Cab & Montage 4x12 Angled cab
Celestion ClassicLead - Marshall 2x12 & Marshall 4x12 Straight 67 cab
Celestion Creamback - Marshall 1x12 & Marshall 2x12 cab
Celestion EVH - Mesa 2x12 & Mesa 4x12 cab
Celestion G12S - Victory 1x12 & Victory 2x12 cab
Celestion G12 SE - Montage 2x12 & Montage 4x12 Angled cab
Celestion GH12K - Splawn 2x12 & Splawn 4x12 cab
Celestion GH12T - Blackstar 2x12 & Blackstar 4x12 Straight cab
Celestion Gold - Zilla 1x12 & Zilla 2x12 cab
Celestion Greenback - Marshall 2x12 & Marshall 67 4x12 cab
Celestion V30 - Victory 1x12 & Victory 2x12 cab

Emminence Cannibis Rex - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab
Emminence EJ1250 - Zilla 1x12 & Zilla 2x12 cab
Emminence Legend - Fuchs 1x12 & Fuchs 2x12 cab
Emminence LiL Texas - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab
Emminence Private Jack - Marshall 2x12 & Marshall 4x12 67 Angled cab
Emminence Redfang - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab
Emminence SwampThang - Toneking 1x12 & Toneking 2x12 cab
Emminence TexasHeat - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab
Emminence TheGovner - Splawn 2x12 & Splawn 4x12 cab
Emminence Wizzard - Marshall 2x12 & Marshall 67 Angled cab

Tayden Ace - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab
Tayden Smooth - Fuchs 1x12 & Fuchs 2x12 cab
Tayden TruBrit - Marshall 2x12 & Marshall 4x12 Angled cab
Tayden Vintage - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab

Werehouse Blackhawk - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab
Werehouse BlackNBlue - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab
Werehouse C12CS - Marshall 2x12 & Marshal 4x12 Angled cab
Werehouse ET90 - Fuchs 1x12 & Fuchs 2x12 cab
Werehouse Vintage G12C - Montage 1x12 & Montage 2x12 cab

Thanks for the additional explanation.

I guess Im just unconventional since the ideal package for me would have your professionally matched presets (Bronze) and also having minimal IRs to explore with those presets (Silver).

But since Im not in a position to buy both, Im going to hold off until I figure out a solution that works for me.

Ok, this is probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway to be 100% sure: Regarding Bronze pack, can i extract the cab from the preset and use it in other presets? And if so, do i have to do it manually one by one thru Axe Edit?
I assume the answer is yes on both...

I have been busy lately so I haven't had a chance to chime in since the demos released. I upgraded my TC Helicon VoiceLive 2 to the VoiceLive 3 Extreme and I have been moving over the backing tracks for my set list and recording the pedal/effects automation for performance. You perform in record mode while the backing track plays, and it records everything you do. The next time you perform, all the effects, guitar and vocal, turn on and off just as you recorded them against the backing track. It's like track automation in your DAW, but they built it right into the pedal unit. You can even punch in and out when re-recording or adjusting your automation. Very cool... They have really stepped it up in the 3 Extreme and I will probably write a thread on that when I get a chance... PM me if you have questions, don't de-rail this thread please...

SOOOO... I bought the Platinum pack as soon as this released. I wanted the presets FOR SURE, and though I might not be building my own mixes right now, I would rather have it and not need it then need it and not have it. I can see this mammoth set of IR"s coming in very handy with projects, or even late night sessions at home. This Platinum pack seems to be the 'everything at once' bundle, and with something I really believe in, like the TAF stuff, that's how I usually go... If you buy the gold or silver, you should seriously consider adding the bronze pack to your order, because having SOOOO many AWESOME presets is worth the price of admission and then some!!! I went Platinum because we get periodic updates on stuff when they are updated for new firmware or whatever... When Andy updates stuff, the Platinum members get the updates, that's what I understand... Money WELL spent in my opinion.

SOOOO NOW... How does it sound? This is what I have been wanting from day 1! There are something like 450 presets that break things down by genre, and all sound amazing! This should be the demo for the AxeFX in my opinion, because it really shows what the unit can do and how good it can REALLY sound. The diversity and realism really shows through in these presets. I am playing through a set of CLRs and I have collected many of my favorite guitars over the years, so I just dial up a preset. grab the corresponding guitar, and achieve perma-grin into the wee morning hours. Imagine having 450 great sounding rigs, built by a recording engineer at the top of his game, that you can plug into and then tweak to your hearts content (though you probably won't need to)! As I said, this is what I have been waiting for...

Thanks Andy!

Good afternoon,

So, Bronze gets presets with no future updates and Platinum gets the presets with future updates. So when a future firmware drops that makes the Bronze obsolete, that's that? I must be confused as it would seem that going all-in is really the only sensible option. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Purchase done (platinum), and I really liked the tones I got from the Governor patches (just switched to the iic+ from another amp with the exact same speaker tab values).
But there is one thing I'm disappointed, at least for now. I'd like to see some (actually many) more 4x12 presets, so that I could use values of the speaker tab, since I'm more of a 4x12 guy.
By the way, I really need to say that I never used the hi/low cut values in the speaker tab, and it is a whole different world when I use them. Thank you very much for the detailed work about those values.

If I have correctly understood :
Platinum bundle = Gold + Bronze bundles
So price for Platinum = £ 135.99 and Gold + Bronze = $ 119.98
Why ?
Regards,
Marco

Back
Top Bottom