Clark Kent's Axe-Fx Amp Tweak Tutorial

Thanks for sharing Clark! Very interesting way of setting the tone stack, I never thought of approaching it like that before, I always just fiddled with BMT until I found something; your approach seems a much more intelligent way of doing it.

Would this technique only work for high gain sounds or have you used it for crunch/cleaner sounds as well?

Thanks Clark! I love having these kind of 'dial-a-tone tutorials. This is a great take on dialing up a high gain tone.

It would be so cool to have very similar Tutorials for dialing in other tones as well. Carter does a nice job of this and his Axe tutorial series, but it would be great to get different people's takes on the genre they use the most. For instance, I would love to see gamedojo do one on dialing up a Texas Blues tone!! Chris from Axe FX tutorials could definitely add something here and Mark day for sure in the 80s rock genre! Many other tone hounds as well!

I just wanted let you know that it's very much appreciated by the rest of us!

Dude, thanks a ton for doing this. It's a cool vid. I like how you put the drive up high to balance the EQ. Seems to work well. Does that work as well for you at live volume? I'm going to play with that approach some.

One question, how did you record that? Was it direct from AXE into a DAW, or did you mic something in the room? I heard a lot of pick noise when you were doing the Brit 800. Was your vocal mic picking that up maybe? Just wanting to make sure that was not coming through the AXE. Tone sounded really good as a raw tone, but the pick sounds were throwing me off a bit.

Thanks Clark. Excellent stuff. Quick question.... Do you usually leave the Master Volume at default on MV amps? I tend to move the MV up around 7 or so. If left out for simplicity sake I totally understand.

Thanks Clark. Excellent stuff. Quick question.... Do you usually leave the Master Volume at default on MV amps? I tend to move the MV up around 7 or so. If left out for simplicity sake I totally understand.

That definitely depends on the amp. For clean amps I set the master extremely high. Master around 4 for Mesa type tones. It depends on the amp sim but the stock master setting is usually close.

Back
Top Bottom