Considering a CLR after reading this glowing detailed review

I love my CLR. The only thing I don't like is that the Neo version isn't available in Europe. Other than that, it's a perfect matchup!

It was cool to see that Atomic is based out of Connecticut. My home state for 18 years.

From what I have read I will need to be very patient .

Have to agree. The CLRs are excellent.

I still like my Xitone 2x12s with the Carvin DCM1540L, and Xitone active 2x12. And I really love the Line X coating.

I love my CLR's. I picked up three of 'em.
Great versatility, for my purposes.

configuration:
1. Wet / Dry / Wet (3 CLR)
2. One AXE monitor, mini PA (3 CLR)
3. Stereo monitor Axe rig (2 CLR)
4. Massive DAW near fields & AXE monitor (2 CLR)
Ect, etc...

I love em. They crank loud, keeps up with the drummers I play with (light rock, alternative & acoustic mellow), sound great with nice dispersion.
Nice to have two independent inputs/controls.

BT

Except for one dude that said the CLR active wedges weren't loud enough 0_o
there isn't anyone that doesn't love them. I have 2 and they're pretty much perfect.

The poster is an Axe FX user, even though he posted it in the Kemper Forum

Great details!

Atomic CLR = Sonic bliss !!! - Other Gear - Kemper Amps Forum

Hi - I'm the OP on that thread, glad you found it interesting.

I posted the review here and on The Gear Page first, and later on the Kemper forum as well as I find the CLRs perfect for any quality modeller.
I'd recommend reading the thread from this forum as linked to in post #7 by randolfo, as that thread has some very useful info in the discussion and lots of parallel endorsements - so it shows that I not the only one loving the CLRs.
As a personal aside, I'm even more fond of the CLRs now after using them for more than a year than I was initially.
I haven't been interested in other monitors since I received my CLRs and I can not imagine using any other monitor for my rig.
The CLRs have held up to a lot of use and touring and have never made a hiccup.
HIGHLY recommended.
RB

Thanks for the followup Rocket Brother. I currently have a QSC K10 which I am happy with... at least I was until I read your glowing review. :)

Soon after reading it I sent a request for an invite for the powered wedge.

I'm considering one, but was wondering one thing first. Since I'm in a condo, I can't crank my axe. Usually I just use studio monitors on low volume or headphones.

It's not perfect as what I do here doesn't translate as well in practice and shows.

Is the CLR as flat as low volumes? So I could adjust my presets at home? Thanks!

I'm considering one, but was wondering one thing first. Since I'm in a condo, I can't crank my axe. Usually I just use studio monitors on low volume or headphones.

It's not perfect as what I do here doesn't translate as well in practice and shows.

Is the CLR as flat as low volumes? So I could adjust my presets at home? Thanks!

The CLRs are flat at and sounds great at low volumes, but our ears sensitivity to certain frequencies changes with volume (Fletcher Munson curve http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher–Munson_curves), so it's always best to dial your presets at gig volume, and you should at least IMO audition them at practice before using them at shows.

Thanks for the followup Rocket Brother. I currently have a QSC K10 which I am happy with.

I went from a K10 that I was happy with to a CLR. Very noticeable difference and well worth the difference in price. You may never want to use your K10s again...

Back
Top Bottom