Guitar Picks, What do you play?

drbreakfast

Hey guys! Long time lurker, first post!

Just wondering what everyone plays here, as far as picks?
I personally have been playing Jazz III's forever!

But lately i've been experimenting and found some really useful and cool picks which i've made videos of.

You can find them here: Guitar Pick Reviews - YouTube

Im uploading about 5 more in the next couple of weeks so keep a look out!

I ordered custom Dunlop style picks made of Delrin. 1.0 mm from www.pickworld.com.

Great quality picks and I can put my logo on the pick. Order in bulk

y3yhyjyp.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Last edited:
I go back and forth between Dunlop TIII 1.0 and Jazz 3 Carbon Fiber. I play mainly rhythm and the Jazz 3 tends to feel a bit too small. If Dunlop would release something in the TIII/Black Fang shape with the carbon fiber material I'd be in love.

Love my Dava picks.

I have played a lot of picks, but these are the best that I have found.
Guitar Picks by Dava

I have also found that using a finger nail "shaper" (sponge with various abrasives on all the sides), let's me reshape all my picks to make them into something new after I wear them out.
I also find I spend too much time playing with picks instead of playing guitar. Ima dummy..

Dunlop Tortex Jazz 1mm (purple) is what I have been using for many years.

I used to use the Dunlop Stubbies 3mm - got hooked on them before they were even a released product via a friend who worked there. But they were hard to find and eventually I found them too thick and the edges too rounded for me.

Tried the Dunlop Jazz III but also didn't like the rounded edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
For me there should be no flexing in the pick, flexing picks are only good for strumming acoustic. I use jazz III, or jaztone 207 from dunlop 90% of the time for pop/rock/funk. I also liked Jazz I which is like jazz III only with round tip, but they are hard to find. Sometimes i use Herdim blue ones for edge's effect. V-picks Bb is very nice for jazz and gypsy jazz, also Wegen gypsy picks, but they are expensive and wears quickly.

V-Pick Screamer. Been using them for the last five years or so and they work great for me.
I've also been using Screamer's for the past few years... they're awesome however they don't stay as sharp as is claimed by V-Picks but my solution to sharpening them is to rub them on the required angle on a piece of black gig carpet.. the heat/friction gives them a nice smooth edge, something that i can't get with emery boards/nail sharpeners. So i drag it on an angle and pull it from front to back, repeat on each side an then reverse and you end up with nice sharp corners.

A variety of V-picks. Really like the Small Pointed and Nexus (Polished, and Ghost Rim).

Have two Red Bears, and I definitely get it, but the V-picks don't slip. At all. With Red Bear picks, my hands are too dry for them to stay put. Otherwise, they're awesome.

Standard Fender mediums... I keep trying different types of picks and always gravitate back to varieties of these. I do like them better when they get worn down a bit though.

After decades with Jazz IIIs, I tried Red Bear (way too eff-ing humongous), V-Picks (way too much "chirp" when I pick), Dava (wth???), and finally settled on Gravity picks (similar to V-Pick but without the nasty chirp).

Back
Top Bottom