Your chance to make me buy an AXE FX II!

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

Velokki:
It does have that certain warble that makes it sound very Digitech, which is a desired part of the pedal. The lack of true bypass and the fact that it sucks all the tone in the effects chain combined with poor tracking of lowest bass notes... not so much. So, my question basically is, how much can the Whammy in the Axe FX be customised? Is it limited to for ex. the 4th gen Whammy, from which some of my favourite settings are missing? Or has Cliff "unchained" the pedal and made it 2x badass on the Axe Fx, i.e. you can customise the harmonies any way you want? This whole mess is very simply answerable. Just demonstrate Tool's Disposition's harmony parts! (since succesfully doing it, it would prove that the Axe IS capable of the 5th/1up-setting, tracking bass notes and I would also get to hear the sound of the emulation)

Did this clear anything? And would someone like to make the Disposition patch and demonstrate it? I'd really appreciate it. Also, any other harmony/whammy-demonstration is very welcome, but the Disposition harmony part is the one thing I'd be most eager to hear.

In the recordings I've made, I actually attempted to minimize the "warble" that the OP evidently feels is a "desired" part of the digitech sound. I've personally always found it distracting and cheap sounding. That said, I think if you set the pitch shift in such a way so that it tracks "less good", then you can get that warble back into the effect. Again, I've always sort of assumed this to be a negative by-product that users would want to minimize. Go figure.

So, I created an AxeFxII preset and recorded the Disposition whammy intervals as requested. As I don't have a lot of free time, that's all I'm about to do. Was hoping to hear a response (good/bad/otherwise) from the OP by now, at least acknowledging that his requests were met. I'm not going to make a full on video of the process, though. No time, and honestly, not much desire. That's just not my thing.

This seemed to be a hot bug up your arse, and now....nothing? Come on, man. Don't make me feel like I've wasted my time trying to indulge you in this fundamentally basic whammy effect sound, where others (apparently wisely) felt the tone of your initial posts made you an unworthy candidate. 10 days later, I feel like a cheap whore all over again. LOL!

I think he left when things got ugly in the first few posts.

We need to be more friendly around here.

Did the OP at least manage to PM you about this, Matt? I know this thread got off on the wrong foot, but I'd figure that he'd be willing to separate the good from the bad. Some of us were actually pretty civil to the guy. Oh well... :fatigue:

I've been on a work trip, returning tomorrow, impossible to write long messages on my shitty Nokia, will reply properly, sorry for the wait

Regarding the original post, I see this in all sorts of different communities online. "Hey everybody, convince me to get the such and such widget." 99% of the time it's non-English speakers who think they sound cheeky and fun, but really they come off like they're actually demanding said community drop everything and engage in trying to talk them into buying said thing. Then, invariably, said cheeky ESL fellow argues. It's long-con forum trolling, an attention-getting game, that's all. Happens all the time.

Regarding the original post, I see this in all sorts of different communities online. "Hey everybody, convince me to get the such and such widget." 99% of the time it's non-English speakers who think they sound cheeky and fun, but really they come off like they're actually demanding said community drop everything and engage in trying to talk them into buying said thing. Then, invariably, said cheeky ESL fellow argues. It's long-con forum trolling, an attention-getting game, that's all. Happens all the time.

:roll

One could say the same thing about "that" guy with "USMC" in his name, has something with a gun in his profile pic and speaks in generalities about how "non-English speakers" in a global internet forum do such and such.

Just sayin'. Pot, kettle, y'know?

Back to keeping it civil...

:roll

One could say the same thing about "that" guy with "USMC" in his name, has something with a gun in his profile pic and speaks in generalities about how "non-English speakers" in a global internet forum do such and such.

Just sayin'. Pot, kettle, y'know?

Back to keeping it civil...

That something with a gun is John Goodman in The Big Lebowski. As far as the USMC part goes, best friend or worst enemy. That's everyone's choice, friend.

Argh, I've been so busy! I'm dead tired but I promised myself to squeeze the reply out of me today! =D

Yeah, jimfist, that was really good. Thanks a bunch. It definitely does Disposition. Thanks for the demonstration!

Since we're on topic, I wanted to demonstrate something myself. The desired Whammy warble I'm talking about sounds like this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bwvptq52n46kc8/Kunt ambient schiibaschaaba.mp3
Sorry for the bad clip, but I don't have access to anything other at the moment. That was an old, completely out-of-time mashup from 2009. But I had access to it and it actually showcases the warble pretty well! Listen to the part 0:48 and forward - here you can hear what beautiful ambient sounds one can create with the original XP-100. It has that unstable Digitech-warble. Through my tube amp and GT6's amp modelling it sounds awesome, doesn't it! I think that's a beautiful sound, even if the rest of the pedal is shit. I'd love to get that kind of sounds from my Axe too. And yes, even though my thread sucks, and it started a flamewar with much unnecessary crap, I am very thankful for the users who took time to answer my obviously retarded Original Post. And those who are up for it and like experimenting, I'm very interested to hear whether that XP-100-kind of warble I just posted can be succesfully emulated on an Axe FX. Basically the signal chain on that mp3 is a Squier Deluxe Strat --> XP100 --> Boss GT 6 with amp modulation, reverb and whatnot --> Laney CUB 10. I guess the critical part is to get the Whammy's imprecise tracking amplified so that it sounds like how it sounds on the clip. Anyway, I've made up my mind and I definitely AM going to buy an Axe FX II + MFC-101 in August, probably coupled with a Matrix Q12a. It's gonna be one expensive August...:fatigue:

Once more, thanks guys, especially jimfist, you really saw some effort for this. And really sorry for my late reply, but I've really, really been busy. I've had time to read e-mails and the occasional facebook, but replying in fractal forums, where I actually have to think about what I write... well, that had to wait! =D

I'm off to bed -->

Back
Top Bottom