IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
I love the YA stuff too and I do hope to see some Dynacab options soon. I would think though his predicament is releasing a labor intense product to a smaller market as it would be exclusive to FAS in some way. Do a new cab he hasn’t done before or a 2.0 version of one he’s already done?

The dynacabs for me have not quite turned out to be the universal Swiss Army Knife. I still go back to the YA versions because they sound different.

Sean Meredith-Jones
Not exclusive.

You can mix them down to IRs usable in other products or run via plugin in your DAW.

Third party DynaCabs are not likely going to load into the hardware, only Cab-Lab.

Not exclusive.

You can mix them down to IRs usable in other products or run via plugin in your DAW.

Third party DynaCabs are not likely going to load into the hardware, only Cab-Lab.
Interesting. I thought had read that there was talk of some sort of direct collab with FAS and Justin.

Having to curate irs outside of fm edit or the unit itself doesn’t appeal to me. I always know I can pretty much cue up mix 01 or blend 01 on one of Justin’s, set proximity and room to taste and get on with it….:)

I’ll keep an open mind though to see how this develops.

Sean Meredith-Jones

Last edited:
Interesting. I thought had read that there was talk of some sort of direct collab with FAS and Justin.
He's going to create DynaCab packs, as well as some other IR creators. They have to rent Fractal's robot in order to capture them.

However, there's no indication that 3rd party packs will be usable directly on the hardware. There's not a lot of storage for that.

Having to curate irs outside of fm edit or the unit itself doesn’t appeal to me. I always know I can pretty much cue up mix 01 or blend 01 on one of Justin’s, set proximity and room to taste and get on with it….:)
You create mixes and load them onto the hardware. No difference at that point than any other IR you've loaded into user slots.

Any DynaCab mixes would be done by you - that's how DynaCabs work.

Although I'm sure the IR creators could potentially create mixes from their DynaCabs and include them as standard IRs, or maybe include Cab-Lab session files so you could "refine" their mixes even further.

However, I am not sure how those would really work as the existing DynaCab packs do not provide "direct" access to anything - it's all from within Cab-Lab.

He's going to create DynaCab packs, as well as some other IR creators. They have to rent Fractal's robot in order to capture them.

However, there's no indication that 3rd party packs will be usable directly on the hardware. There's not a lot of storage for that.

You create mixes and load them onto the hardware. No difference at that point than any other IR you've loaded into user slots.

Any DynaCab mixes would be done by you - that's how DynaCabs work.

Although I'm sure the IR creators could potentially create mixes from their DynaCabs and include them as standard IRs, or maybe include Cab-Lab session files so you could "refine" their mixes even further.

However, I am not sure how those would really work as the existing DynaCab packs do not provide "direct" access to anything - it's all from within Cab-Lab.
Yeah, this is one of the cruxes of one of the biscuits, indeed. I'll be watching this space.

Would love for you guys to make a Celestion K100 IR. I love the Marshall MF400 and Diezel K100 cabs.
Breaking Benjamin is using my Diezel K100/V30 cab at the moment for their new album, but it’s on my list of DynaCabs to capture.

I love the YA stuff too and I do hope to see some Dynacab options soon. I would think though his predicament is releasing a labor intense product to a smaller market as it would be exclusive to FAS in some way. Do a new cab he hasn’t done before or a 2.0 version of one he’s already done?

The dynacabs for me have not quite turned out to be the universal Swiss Army Knife. I still go back to the YA versions because they sound different.

Sean Meredith-Jones
The DynaCab I’m currently working on sounds very different than Fractal’s version simply because we have different physical cabs, outboard gear, microphones, and rooms.

I think some will love DynaCabs for the flexibility of being in control of their mics and mic placements while others like having a traditional IR approach where the engineer places the mics and the player dials in their amp. It just depends on each person’s workflow preference.

Interesting that you mentioned mixes in the context of a DynaCab pack.

I was thinking it would be very cool to have mixes as saved sessions within the pack rather than IRs, so we could potentially start from there and tweak even further. Or if nothing else, learn from them similar to examining the presets of others.

I'm really looking forward to trying out what you come up with!
Seconded. Or thirded. Whatevered, but yes please.

Breaking Benjamin is using my Diezel K100/V30 cab at the moment for their new album, but it’s on my list of DynaCabs to capture.

The DynaCab I’m currently working on sounds very different than Fractal’s version simply because we have different physical cabs, outboard gear, microphones, and rooms.

I think some will love DynaCabs for the flexibility of being in control of their mics and mic placements while others like having a traditional IR approach where the engineer places the mics and the player dials in their amp. It just depends on each person’s workflow preference.
with the Dyna cab , will you be able to actually include some preset positions as well as part of the pack or would you have to have those added as separate producers IRs as you have done in previous packs .
is there a way to have presets that were chosen by you as a starting point ?

also side note note sure if you know or can say , is BB still using the Axefx , I know they were

As a feature request, whenever your offering comes out it would be cool if there was a drop down menu with all of your preferred locatiions. I know you work hard to choose the exact locations that you think work, and as your IRs are so popular, it's definitely working for you.
will you be able to actually include some preset positions as well as part of the pack

The packs don't have any control over the interface, they're IR data. The interface is baked into Edit or Cab-Lab itself, and adding that capability would require Fractal changing those apps and the cab pack file format. Memory is tight in the modeler, so it'd probably only happen in the packs themselves and be presented in Cab-Lab 4.

Any time frame when you will drop the dynacab captures? And are evm 12L/fane crescendo and pulsonic greenbacks on the list? Looking so forward to these.

I have to see if there’s a way to incorporate dedicated Mixes into the packs while protecting my methods. Having the Mixes shown as “starting points” would compromise some of the unique trade secrets that make my work different from other IR producers… it’s one of the reasons why none of us reveal exact mic placements and mix recipes.

Part of the beauty of DynaCabs is being able to create your own Mixes specifically tailored to your own tastes and gear.

One question I should have asked before starting this cab is:
How many/which mics would you like to see in a DynaCab pack?

Hey there Justin,

Will you start measuring speaker impedance curves for your DynaCab captures? Is that part of FAS' requirements? Thanks!
I always take impedance curve measurements and send them to Cliff. It’s his call on which ones get added to the unit and which ones don’t. Personally, I’d love it if the Fractal could measure and store impedance curves in a user bank so that every DynaCab has a dedicated impedance curve.

Any time frame when you will drop the dynacab captures? And are evm 12L/fane crescendo and pulsonic greenbacks on the list? Looking so forward to these.
Fractal is in charge of the release schedule, but you’ll definitely see my first pack this year. The 12L and a pre-Rola 4x12 are on my list to capture. The rate of release will have a lot to do with the mic count for each pack since it takes so long to capture a single microphone.

I would love an M160 mic included...
The M160 is one of the staple mics I’ll have in every pack along with a 57, 58, 421, 121, KM184, and U47. I went a little overboard with this first cab and have captured 13 mics (with four more I have on my list but probably don’t need).

Just curious if there are any other mics people really want me to include in these packs.

200.gif

One question I should have asked before starting this cab is:
How many/which mics would you like to see in a DynaCab pack?
I actually don't mind the way FAS dynacabs are structured: 2 Ribbons, 2 condensers, 2 Dynamic. If you curate which specific models of each work for the cab in question, I'd be ok with that. Or maybe three of one type only if it offers something different enough? Maybe for condensers, one SDC and one LDC.

Sean Meredith-Jones

Back
Top Bottom