IRs York Audio Master Thread - Newest Cab Pack: KW 412 M25-SH

Third-party impulse response pack
I've noticed that since Justin's IR's are so open and true that i have to really focus on not eq'ing with my eyes. For my high gain tones i'm using Fas Modern 3 boosted, Fas Brootalz and the EVH 50 watt blue channel boosted. I run these into a blend of the mesa 212 mix 01 IR and the KW mix 01 cab. With these amps i generally run the presence in the 1-4 range. (Out of 10) i run the treble very low also. Generally 2-5ish. In the cab block i run around 100 on the preamp lowcut at 6db/octave and 10k on the highcut. I did what Justin said and used the amp knobs to control highend instead of the cab blocks highcut. I personally agree that it sounds more natural that way.

Hey @York Audio, first to say, I love your work! I Bought some of your IR and are fantastic! My favorites are KW 412 and Creamback 65. Now I'm comparing your IR with Dyna factory. I like how Dynacab works, but in some preset I prefer your IR and in other the dyna. So, the question is: are you working on dynacab York Audio release? because I will buy all at day 1!!! :) Thanks!

Hey @York Audio, first to say, I love your work! I Bought some of your IR and are fantastic! My favorites are KW 412 and Creamback 65. Now I'm comparing your IR with Dyna factory. I like how Dynacab works, but in some preset I prefer your IR and in other the dyna. So, the question is: are you working on dynacab York Audio release? because I will buy all at day 1!!! :) Thanks!
Was just wondering this myself.....
Not even sure if it's possible. Hopefully.

I think he is at some point
I agree a Dyna of his York 212 witn
The Creamback M65s would be amazing

Hey everyone,
I’m a rectifier guy and my “real life” tone is a dual recto into a 4x12 RoadKing cab (which is made with one half 2x12 closed back V30 and the other half is a 2x12 open back with Celestion Custom 90). I can get great results with the Mesa 2x12 and Mesa OS packs for the V30 tone. What would be close to the Celestion custom 90 open back feel? It sounds great on cleans and blends well with the hi gain tone. Thanks!

It's finally here! (Whew!!!) The York Audio KW 412 M25-SH cab pack is officially live! I can't begin to tell you guys how excited I am about this one and all of the work that went into creating it. It's based on Scott Henderson's personal Kerry Wright 4x12 cabinet loaded with UK Celestion M25 Greenbacks. The pack has my normal feature set along with a "Scott Henderson" folder that includes his personal mic placements.

Here are a few clips to get an idea of what it sounds like. The first section is my Les Paul through a JCM 800 model. The second section is the same preset, but using one of the new Stereo Mixes so you can hear the room ambience. The third section is my Tele through a JTM 45 model. And the fourth section is my Les Paul through an SLO model into a large room Stereo Mix.

Another cool last minute addition were three Mixes made for Jim Adkins of Jimmy Eat World that he's currently programming into his live rig as I type this. I still need to make more clips, but wanted to get this out for you guys to enjoy. I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

I just wanna say - I bought this, and it is - by FAR - my favorite Greenback 25 Watt Cab IRs ever. That U67-1 single mic is really killer, as are the Mixes.

All my personal Marshall type amp presets will be using these IRs from now on.

Stellar, stellar work Justin - just killer!

Last edited:
I wanted to like it but the previous MRSH m25 is more my bag. I see it working well with a Paul though. With a brighter guitar I end up having to adjust a lot.

Hey Justin @York Audio
do you have any clips comparing these: kw 412 m25-sh vs mv30-dual vs mrsh 412 m25?
thanks as always
I had this one of the KW M25 and the MRSH M25, but I haven’t made one with the MV30 against those two since it’s a different speaker.
https://on.soundcloud.com/C74j3xdVi58yW1pT6

I just wanna say - I bought this, and it is - by FAR - my favorite Greenback 25 Watt Cab IRs ever. That U67-1 single mic is really killer, as are the Mixes.

All my personal Marshall type amp presets will be using these IRs from now on.

Stellar, stellar work Justin - just killer!
Thank you so much! That’s really high praise coming from you and means more to me than you know.

Just posting the video in here too....It has its own topic in the IR section too....:)

Killer Pack @York Audio
BEST Greenbacks out there !!

Thank you for this video. I’m so glad you’re liking that pack.

I wanted to like it but the previous MRSH m25 is more my bag. I see it working well with a Paul though. With a brighter guitar I end up having to adjust a lot.
With any IR pack, it’s very important to tweak your amp settings for the can you’re using. If a preset is dialed in for the MRSH M25, the KW M25 will sound “off.” If a preset is dialed in for the KW M25, the MRSH M25 will sound “off.”

Think of using a different IR like using a different guitar. Its voice will have different qualities that need different EQ settings on your amp.

With any IR pack, it’s very important to tweak your amp settings for the can you’re using. If a preset is dialed in for the MRSH M25, the KW M25 will sound “off.” If a preset is dialed in for the KW M25, the MRSH M25 will sound “off.”

Think of using a different IR like using a different guitar. Its voice will have different qualities that need different EQ settings on your amp.
Thanks Justin. It just doesn't work for me. I have to put a high cut at 4k for me to like it and that's not my thing. I'm better with the previous MRSH m25 and MV30 offerings. thanks.

this one is very bright but it's too pretty to trade. The pickups are 18k and they breathe fire so darker works for it. Remember, I'm the Stager guy. :)

1697045397635.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Justin. It just doesn't work for me. I have to put a high cut at 4k for me to like it and that's not my thing. I'm better with the previous MRSH m25 and MV30 offerings. thanks.

this one is very bright but it's too pretty to trade. The pickups are 18k and they breathe fire so darker works for it. Remember, I'm the Stager guy. :)

View attachment 127854
If you’re using any IRs from Scott’s folder, those will definitely be too bright for you. He likes super bright mic placements so he can roll off his tone knob.

I find the KW pack to be warmer than the MRSH, so I’m surprised you’re having to cut highs like that. I’d try Mix 01 and turn your treble and presence to zero… (that’s going to be unusably dark) and then bring them up to get the top end balance you want. If you’re using a Plexi, be mindful of the Mids, since that control adds a lot of brightness as well.

Back
Top Bottom