XL fan noise

indygeek

I just received my XL yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of fan noise. There is still a little bit of noise, but nothing compared to the fan noise that I was getting from my original Axe-Fx II. The noise from my original Axe was never loud enough to make me complain, but it is nice that the XL is so much quieter.

I just received my XL yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the lack of fan noise. There is still a little bit of noise, but nothing compared to the fan noise that I was getting from my original Axe-Fx II. The noise from my original Axe was never loud enough to make me complain, but it is nice that the XL is so much quieter.

This is good news. I was one of those who had found the original fan a bit too noisy for quiet environments. I'm looking forward to getting the XL.

Agreed, I got mine yesterday, turned it on and was pleasantly surprised at how much quieter it is than my Axe FX II Mark I...

I bet some prospective XL buyers shat their pants reading your thread title thinking that XL fan noise is loud and irritating ;)

Good for you, rock on!

I bet some prospective XL buyers shat their pants reading your thread title thinking that XL fan noise is loud and irritating ;)

Good for you, rock on!

Yeah. After I posted it I realized people might freak out and think there is a problem with the fan noise in the XL. But if all of the XLs are as quiet as mine is, everyone should be happy.

For a good comparison, the fan in my PC is huge and runs at really low RPM (1000 RPM at the moment), so it is really quiet. The fan on the XL is just as quiet.

I never had an issue with the noise of the fan on my II, but i could hear it and knew it was there. The XL is like it isn't even there.

Sent from Moto X

The older Axe fx II's (first year or so) had a really noisy fan. Lots of topics on that one. G66 send me a quieter one for free. I think the later ones had that quieter fan by default (?).
How is the effect loop of the XL? That is also really noisy and unusable for me in the Axe fx II I have. Also many topics about that. Not sure if they changed this with later Axe fx II machines? hope they did that also for the XL.

And did they also change the input knob 'motorboat' rumble for the XL? Besides the noisy effect loop that is also one thing that bothers me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom