'Wrecker' AxeII version 2 firmware

MaxTwang

Experienced
I've been so hopeful about a Trainwreck model and since the Ultra I've played around with the Wrecker patch but never been blown away. With version 2 that's changed!

If anyone has any doubt about touch sensitivity and modelling - upgrade to version 2 and pull up 'Wrecker'. After cranking it and having some fun, start easing off with your picking and listen to it clean up then back off your guitars volume and find some more magic! But it doesn't just clean up in the usual wimpy less overdrive and guts way, it remains full and ballsy and maintains an edge. Amazing response!!!!!

I've been so hopeful about a Trainwreck model and since the Ultra I've played around with the Wrecker patch but never been blown away. With version 2 that's changed!

If anyone has any doubt about touch sensitivity and modelling - upgrade to version 2 and pull up 'Wrecker'. After cranking it and having some fun, start easing off with your picking and listen to it clean up then back off your guitars volume and find some more magic! But it doesn't just clean up in the usual wimpy less overdrive and guts way, it remains full and ballsy and maintains an edge. Amazing response!!!!!

Which cab do you guys use with the Wrecker?
I tend to go for the H75 (= G12H30).

I never bonded with the Wrecker in the Ultra because it seemed too brittle, I knew there was something I liked in it but I always gave up before I could get it just right but now....Wow! This is my new favorite sim.

After the last couple of days dialing in the Friedman BE (with HBE for the x/y counterpart to it) I thought nothing would ever replace it as my #1 but the Wrecker just did, at least for the touch sensitive edge of breakup on up to crunchy the Wrecker is the stuff!
Maybe the BE will still reign over the heavier rock stuff...we'll see.

Right now I have two cabs at the same time, the 4x12 MILLs 12k (OH) and the 1x12 EMI open back (JM).
Off to try the other suggestions...

Last edited:
I'm gonna have to give the Wrecker another spin. I've not been that fond of it before but it sounds like it's worth revisiting after v2.0.

The wrecker sim does sound much better now and I agree that the dynamics on this patch are some of the best the axe II has to offer.

>> Try the 412 cali for a neat whine to it.
>> the 4x12 MILLs 12k (OH) and the 1x12 EMI open back (JM).

Wow, so NOT what I expected. :)

I use a combination of the RW 4X12 basketwave 25 and OH 4X12 H75. Absolutely killer duet!! I use this on almost all my crunch tone and lead tone, Works great for brit type amps!!

Was just playing around with this model and you guys are right - so much control at your fingertips. Love it!! Thanks for the heads up

I use a combination of the RW 4X12 basketwave 25 and OH 4X12 H75. Absolutely killer duet!! I use this on almost all my crunch tone and lead tone, Works great for brit type amps!!

I agree. I'm finding that combining a RW with an OH blends very nicely. The OH are a bit too brittle or buzzy on top to use alone or with another OH, so the RW with more beef in the low end compliments it well. I think the OH's suffer from too much cut in low and low mids.

The Train Wreck would be a great desert island amp.

Back
Top Bottom