Workspace Location?

quark

Experienced
In previous versions of Axe-Edit, there was a "Workspace" directory structure and you could specify its location. Seems to be replaced by the following default structure (on my system atleast) :

D:\MyDocs\Fractal Audio\Axe-Edit\presets\snapshots

If you want to change the default location, is there anyway to do that? Any problem with adding other folders to this directory structure?

Thanks ...

Not under AE3 that I know of.. there are defaults folders for snapshots under Win/Mac OS'es, but the old Workspace concept is no longer... since there is no need for AE to cache presets. Unless you do snapshots, that default folder is not even allocated or used.

FWIW - I *am using my old workspace* (AE v1.9) folder, and pointing to the old "\Utilities\Backups" folder under it to do backups via the Bot.
I'm also using - and externally managing - the same workspace AxeEdit Presets, Banks and Cab folders as sources for AE3 imports or Bot sends to the Axe.

Note, the old AxeFx and Temp folder under Workspace are no longer needed by the AE3 paradigm...

Thanks ... sounds like its all pretty flexible and directory independent except for the "hard-coded" snapshots folder ... not a problem ... just curious as to how it would be structured ...

A future version will allow you to specify the working directory for Axe-Edit.
It probably won't happen until Axe-Manage is back.

Is there any advantage/disadvantage to consolidating my old workspace into the new "workspace-free" structure? I always felt the old structure was one or two levels clunkier that I preferred.

Is there any advantage/disadvantage to consolidating my old workspace into the new "workspace-free" structure? I always felt the old structure was one or two levels clunkier that I preferred.
That would probably depend on how the new AxeManage manages folders.... under the old version, they were shared with AE. Under the new version - of which I have no knowledge of the development status - that might change.

As I mentioned above, for now.. I'm integrating the old "Workspace" structure into my workflow and ignoring (or removing) folders under it that are not valid. YMMV.

Thanks. I think I'll keep my existing workspace for now, until we find out what AxeManage wants.

Back
Top Bottom