Works perfectly on Mac, not at all in windows (timeout)

Sean Clancy

So, I have this problem....
While Fm3 edit is working perfectly on my Mac (so the USB port is not damaged), It won't connect to my Windows 11 Fm3 edit. I am running FW 7.00 on the device and the latest version of Fm3 Edit. Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled both the Fm3 drivers and FM3 edit. It doesn't connect... It shows the green tick box to say it's connected - but even without the Fm3 connected it shows this.

eventually it show a timeout error
Communication time-out:

Unable to complete the following communication
request: Query device version : query_sys_info

Please check the selected ports in the Settings /
Preferences dialog and try again.

Has anybody else has this
How do I fix this?

Same usb cable for the mac... I uninstalled and reinstalled the 2 audio drivers twice. I even tried going down a couple of versions of Fm3 Edit.
Nothing worked.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-06 175145.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-06 175145.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 5
Okay... Update. I was trying to connect via the 2 ports on the front of the PC. I went and plugged it into one of the USB's at the back and it worked! I did go through the USB port setting in device manager and clicked powered on, so maybe the front ports now work too?

Okay... Update. I was trying to connect via the 2 ports on the front of the PC. I went and plugged it into one of the USB's at the back and it worked! I did go through the USB port setting in device manager and clicked powered on, so maybe the front ports now work too?
Do other USB devices work on them? How old is the computer? Many older computers but USB 1 ports on the front ;)

uh-oh - I spoke 2 soon... I booted up to teach a student... Fm3 was back to it's old tricks.
I uninstalled the drivers, Fm3 Edit and reinstalled them. No luck.
My Fm3 Edit shows the main screen and then has the bottom dialogue "please wait.... communicating)". It even shows up that the device is connected, even if it's not even connected. After about 30 seconds, you'll get a time out error.
* Fixed *
After the timeout message, you can now open the menus. Go Settings > Preferences.
You'll get an open window called General. Under Ports In/out, choose Fm3.
Viola, it works!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-08 193515.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-04-08 193515.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom