WITCH CLOSED BACK HEAD PHONES FOR THE AXE

SRDELE

Inspired
I am looking for a good closed back head phones for the axe. I would like to get the dt 880 but will also may be using as a for band practice in a small room with drums into a mixer set for every one. other guitarist has the axe as well. so that is were i think the closed back is needed. I can go up to around $350/$400 but not if i dont have to. sweetwater has pointed me to the sure srh 940, Thanks to anyone who helps out.

SRDELE

not closed back but I just got the AKG Q701's and they're incredible. Went to gc and they had them for 419 but they matched amazon for 235.

Beyer DT770. Clear winner in my private little shootout. Included the M50, k701, KRKs, etc. Still get chills listening to the calmness and detail in that thing. Pretty strong bass, which I like. Every other one sounded thin or blaring. IMHO, YMMV.

This is a very personal thing and you can go crazy reading all the comparisons on headfi n stuff. You really need to listen for yourself.

Not really pro headphones per se, but new to the market....

BeoPlay H6.

Amazing sound, very accurate.

Great passive noise cancellation design that works well to reject extenal noise.

Light and very comfortable. They will wear well over time if you look after them.

Check them out at £329.00 or the €/$ equvalent.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Beyerdynamic DT880 are the flattest headphones out there and I suggest you get them. They are NOT isolating so not for live monitoring. You'll break your ears and the headphones that way. :)

Extreme Isolation headphones are for that use but in no way even comparable to DT880 soundwise.

I use the Sennheiser HD25 for years with guitar sounds as it has the mids giving me the amp like feel and it translates my tweaking best to my Alesis Monitor One rehearsal speakers. Never tried the headphones mentioned above but
I also own a Staxx Electrostatic (very good but kinda analytic) and a very comfortabel to wear Sony MD??? ( worst of the 3 soundwise). The Sony and the Staxx are not closed back headphones.

Sennheiser HD380 Pro. These are the best kept secret in affordable closed back headphones. They are over the ear, not on which is critical for longer sessions, they fold and swivel (they call it a dj feature but I call it portable), and they are only ~150. The price has dropped a decent amount since their introduction. L

I keep searching for a replacement but haven't found anything worthy that wont break the bank.

Beyer DT770. Clear winner in my private little shootout. Included the M50, k701, KRKs, etc. Still get chills listening to the calmness and detail in that thing. Pretty strong bass, which I like. Every other one sounded thin or blaring. IMHO, YMMV.

This is a very personal thing and you can go crazy reading all the comparisons on headfi n stuff. You really need to listen for yourself.
Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO's are available in 250 ohms, 80 ohms, and 32 ohms. Which is best with the Axe and other modelers?

I have the 250s. So it seems they are the most detailed of the ohmages but I haven't tried others. Also the hardest to drive for headphone outputs. They do go loud enough FOR ME, using the outputs on the axe, but I don't want to bombard my ears to feel good. My S3 phone is not strong enough, although I can make do. I can see why people would like less treble and more mids, though. They do translate well to my studio monitors.

When I got them I put them on a 24hour burn in and set them on my Studio monitors to stretch the head band a bit. It's strong. Still is.

For Rock music in particular, people are very enthusiastic about Alessandro's too. http://www.alessandro-products.com/main.php?p=headphones
Made by Grado. From which the SR80s also get much love.
Then again. Others rag on them.

i stress again that anyone looking for cans should go to a decently outfitted store and try a couple, preferably with music they know and will be using them with. People rave about the KRKs which I found shrill. Very much a taste thing I presume.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom