Wish: Virtual Capo block (or second Pitch block)

Try this block. I put all by itself in this preset. It's a Plex-Delay block setup to mimic the Detune model in the Pitch block.

Just copy and paste it into your preset. An/or add it to your block library and then pull it up in any preset from there.
Thanks Moke! That works very well. A couple of notes for anyone else using Moke's awesome block:

I typically run the Pitch block dual detune in parallel; I set the block level to -3 db, mix to 100%, and bypass state to mute FX in to keep the volume about the same with the block bypassed. When I first loaded Moke's detuner block I didn't think it was working as well as the pitch block--it didn't seem to have as much of an effect. Then I deleted dry signal to compare the blocks on their own and I noticed the plex delay was significantly quieter than the pitch block. On the plex block I set the block level to +4 db. That sounds great and does the trick. Interestingly, it seems to have a wider sound (through my monitors) than the actual pitch block.

Great work there Moke!

Thanks Moke! That works very well. A couple of notes for anyone else using Moke's awesome block:

I typically run the Pitch block dual detune in parallel; I set the block level to -3 db, mix to 100%, and bypass state to mute FX in to keep the volume about the same with the block bypassed. When I first loaded Moke's detuner block I didn't think it was working as well as the pitch block--it didn't seem to have as much of an effect. Then I deleted dry signal to compare the blocks on their own and I noticed the plex delay was significantly quieter than the pitch block. On the plex block I set the block level to +4 db. That sounds great and does the trick. Interestingly, it seems to have a wider sound (through my monitors) than the actual pitch block.

Great work there Moke!
I noticed the lower volume of the wet signal compared to any other block. Maybe because I am only using two of the four voices selected?? (side note... it would be nice if an option for '2 Voices' was available to save a bit more CPU)

I had to set the 'Mix' higher than the Pitch block version to get the same wet/dry balance. and increase the 'Level' to get it the overall level equal between active and bypassed.

I also had to add some Highshelf EQ in the 'Filter' tab to get the high end to feel the same between the two versions. The Spread is set to 200% to get it to sound as wide as the Pitch block 'Dual Detune'. Maybe 150% would be closer?

I noticed the lower volume of the wet signal compared to any other block. Maybe because I am only using two of the four voices selected?? (side note... it would be nice if an option for '2 Voices' was available to save a bit more CPU)

I had to set the 'Mix' higher than the Pitch block version to get the same wet/dry balance. and increase the 'Level' to get it the overall level equal between active and bypassed.

I also had to add some Highshelf EQ in the 'Filter' tab to get the high end to feel the same between the two versions. The Spread is set to 200% to get it to sound as wide as the Pitch block 'Dual Detune'. Maybe 150% would be closer?
Agreed on all points. And I'd like to emphasize that having a 2-voice option would be great (or adding a detune to the Dual Delay type--that currently uses "zero" CPU on the FM9).

On the Spread, I kinda like the increased width.

Back
Top Bottom