Wish Wish the MFC would change to match the Axe FX state.

nicolassal

Inspired
It would be really nice if the MFC 101 would change based on changes made on the Axe FX or through Axe Edit.

For example, if I were to edit a patch on the face of the Axe FX, such as adding delay to a patch that doesn't have delay, then the delay LED would illuminate on the MFC 101 and become functional.

Also, if I were to edit the same patch similarly in Axe Edit, the MFC would reflect the change and become functional as mentioned above.

If I were to rotate the Value wheel on the front of the Axe FX in recall mode, it would be nice if the MFC 101 would display the selected patch and functionality.

This would make editing patches much easier, as they could be tested using the MFC 101.

Sorry if this has been discussed before, however I was unable to find a posting that specifically addressed this.

I hope this doesn't sound like complaining, which is definitely not intended, because I absolutely am thrilled with my Axe FX II and the MFC 101. It's just a suggestion.

Adding a poll to this thread would make it easier for Cliff et all to keep track of how many are interested.

Guys,
this is a known "wish". The MFC is a controller, but the Axe does NOT send PC/CC info when changing things from the front panel, so the MFC cannot react to them. This is really an AxeFx wish... :)

Sorry guys, as was expressed below, this wish is in the wrong area. You need to restate in Axe-Fx terms and post it under Ultra or II:

What you're wishing the Axe-Fx could have the option to SEND program changes when these are selected via the value knob or front panel buttons.

The MFC-101 actually already HAS the option to respond to incoming MIDI program change requests!

I would love for this option to be availible. Right now, when I play shows, I run everything through ProTools 9. We play everything with backing tracks and a click track so the whole show is planned from start to finish. What I did is hooked up my AXE II "midi in" to the Digidesign 002 Rack "Midi Out1" and created a midi track in ProTools and then made all my program changes for the whole show. Basically, ProTools is doing all my Program changes on the AXE II. I have my MFC 101 connected via CAT5e cable to the AXE II just incase something were to go wrong with ProTools and I can then pick my new patch via the MFC. Now, if somehow, when ProTools is connected to my AXE II and is sending Program change messages, it could send to the MFC as well and I would see the patch change there too, that would be sweet as hell. Then you could see what intant access switches are on as well and tap stuff in and out. Now I cant do that as the patch that is always displayed, is the last patch which I physically stepped on on the MFC. I cant edit anything unless I would select that particular switch and then call up anything from within that patch. Please tell me this is another great feature which is in the works?! If it is, this just completly blows everything else out of the water!!!

On a side note..... I would also like to still be able to hit the MFC 101 at anytime and have it switch the AXE II and then wait for its next program change from either ProTools or me stepping on the MFC.

Last edited:
Why don't you just connect Pro Tools to the MFC-101?
That's why it has a MIDI IN! Well... that, firmware, and the occasional bad 5 pin cable ;-)

Sorry guys, as was expressed below, this wish is in the wrong area. You need to restate in Axe-Fx terms and post it under Ultra or II:

What you're wishing the Axe-Fx could have the option to SEND program changes when these are selected via the value knob or front panel buttons.

The MFC-101 actually already HAS the option to respond to incoming MIDI program change requests!
Thanks, Matt. Done: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...es-when-selected-via-front-panel-midi-cc.html.

Why don't you just connect Pro Tools to the MFC-101?
That's why it has a MIDI IN! Well... that, firmware, and the occasional bad 5 pin cable ;-)

I didnt do it that way because the whole ProTools Rig is next to the drummer and your not supposed to run more then 25 Feet of midi cable. I would need more then 25 feet of midi cable to go from the Digidesign 002 to my MFC. Now, My AXE II on the other hand, is about 10 feet away from that setup. I run 1x 25 foot midi cable (high end cable) from the Digidesign 002 rig to my AXE II, and a 50 foot Cat5e ( high end cable ) from the AXE II to my MFC. That is why if this option could be added, it would be the sweetest thing since sliced bread for my type of setup! :p

Back
Top Bottom