XTC 101b
Tone King Imperial
Mesa Cali Tweed 6v6
CAZ 45

The list is pretty short as I can get most sounds out of the existing
Models
I'm really impressed with Headfirst Amps out of Australia

Dooooooomm
Vintage Matamp, vintage Orange, Ampeg V4. vintage Laney, Sunn!!

I know it’s not the most popular genre of guitar music but those old Orange, Matamp, and Ampegs are unique circuits that would be a blast to tweak in the Axe Fx
Love those choices for Doom amps!

Candlemas, Solitude Aeturnus, While Heaven Wept, Saint Vitus, Trouble, Cathedral, Witchfinder General, November's Doom, Cirith Ungol, Pale Devine, and of course... Black Sabbath!!!

Last edited:
Dooooooomm
Vintage Matamp, vintage Orange, Ampeg V4. vintage Laney, Sunn!!

I know it’s not the most popular genre of guitar music but those old Orange, Matamp, and Ampegs are unique circuits that would be a blast to tweak in the Axe Fx
Not sure if the genre of music matters; you know some kid is somewhere in a bedroom doing Black Sabbath on a Peavey Rage amp and killing it. My thing is the "different" amps you listed . Not some builders take on a JTM or Deluxe Reverb

Not sure if the genre of music matters; you know some kid is somewhere in a bedroom doing Black Sabbath on a Peavey Rage amp and killing it. My thing is the "different" amps you listed . Not some builders take on a JTM or Deluxe Reverb
I used to use my Peavey TKO 80 bass amp!

It had pre-Gain and Post-Gain knobs and it could do a great job for that sound!

There is honestly are not many amps I want that I can think of

Mezzabarba M0
XTC 101b
Tone King Imperial
Mesa Cali Tweed 6v6
CAZ 45

The list is pretty short as I can get most sounds out of the existing
Models
XTC 101b is already there - Euro Blue and Euro Red. That was my first preset batch, coming from my "real" 101b.

XTC 101b is already there - Euro Blue and Euro Red. That was my first preset batch, coming from my "real" 101b.
It’s the 20th Anniversary w EL34
But the 101b Blue and red are at bit different in tone and feel
The 101b Blue is the best version of that amp , I am sure I could get closer playing around with things like B+ and screen values but I am not that smart lol

1--- 1969 Marshall Major 200 watt with KT-88 tubes, extra preamp tubes -aka Ritchie Blackmore live
2--- modded 200 watt SLP Marshall with extra Mullard El-34's ---> live Jimmy Page 1970's
3--- Tony Iommi Laney Signature TI 100 amp head (8 preamp tubes and switchable EL34 or 6L6) just crushing tone
4--- Iommi's modded 1980 Marshall used on Heaven and Hell if Fractal could borrow it from him to model haha!

Great ideas I've seen. Personally I can use any amps or preamps. The more the better is my motto. Thousands more.
+100 for the Tony Iommi Laney TI-100. That Amp is like you said, just crushing.

A Lee Jackson Perfect Connection model would be sick. I'm pretty sure the schematics would be fairly easy to find too (and if all else fails, I'm sure Lee himself would be able to help out).

Back
Top Bottom