Wish: Cab Lab starter configurations

kvn3120

Love Cab Lab with Dyna Cabs. It would be interesting if there was an option to load a cab with some standard mic/locations/distances configured. While this info can be learned from reading online it would still be pretty helpful if there some tips and tricks integrated into the product. For instance, I'd love to see a good Plexi mic setup on the 1960TV cab, or a Petrucci type sound with the Recto cab that I hear is coming, or a nice blues setup for a 1x12 or 2x12. Maybe this isn't a great use of developer resources, but it's something I thought would be cool.

Regardless, I'm playing with Cab Lab and learning as I go. Very thankful for the amazing FM3 and Cab Lab which is giving me so much pleasure to play with. Thanks Cliff and team!!

+1

Having some kind of generic presets/mic combination per cabs will be really great.
I do this with a cab block. I setup each channel with different dyncabs and mics to get a good staring point for reach. I save the block (with all channels) in Axe-Edit. When I audition presets and start tweaking a new amp, I recall the block from the library and I have a good staring point. It's still a work in progress, but it seems to work best for me then starting from scratch each time.

When I use pre-mixed IRs I often wonder exactly how/where the mics were placed. I often find myself thinking I'd love to tweak an existing mix IR but I obviously do not know the starting parameters. Using Cab Lab I thought "it'd be great to load up a cab and have the original location and distance set up.

Just a wish list item, I'm very happy with the product as it is and once I'm recovered from a minor hand injury I'm looking forward to diving into Dyna Cabs more!

Back
Top Bottom