WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE ok with axe fx 2?

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
Dear fellow users, my name is...(you know like AA meeting?, Ive seen on tv/movies only), and especially windows pc users:

I just got this notice automatically saying reserve my free upgrade. Just to show how loyal an axer, axe blaster, fractalite, aciphex (oops no thats an antacid) person I am, the first thing Im doing is making sure this will be compatible with FRACTAL; or will I need to wait (and therefore should ) for new usb software etc, to run the axe fx and axe edit through my windows pc? This is axe 2 content so IM posting in general axe 2 discussion, thanks.

should be totally fine in all regards, as axe edit doesnt do a lot, just a switcher telling the axe to do the work itself. But it would be nice shortly to get an official fractal feedback on this. but, i dont think it will have any issues what so ever.

aswell as for CABLAB software and fractal bot, etc etc. fractal feedback?

Read it. Can't understand it. Not my field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Read it. Basically it will work although it may take some massaging. I'm on the wait list for Win10 as well and if it's a problem I'll make up a step by step or video, but I'm guessing that someone else will beat me to the punch.

In the upgrade notifier there is a little tool (the part that looks like the 3 horizontal lines) and you can go in there and see if there are any potential issues with your hardware or software. Fractal stuff did not come up as an issue.

It works fine in the preview here for me so far. Just follow directions in the driver install and you should be fine.

driver install ?
Does that mean we will have to play with such things.
Since update from windows 8 to 8.1 with my dell computer, no Bluetooth . Impossible to solve the problem, and impossible to reinstall the bluetooth driver from the dell website.
If something like that occurs with the axe FX II driver after update from windows 8.1 to 10, :nightmare:

A year back when the first details leaked, some testers said, that windows 10 would be getting just 8.1 in new clothes, underneath it'll be the same engine... just wondering, is that still true?

A year back when the first details leaked, some testers said, that windows 10 would be getting just 8.1 in new clothes, underneath it'll be the same engine... just wondering, is that still true?

Pretty much true since Win2000, lol.

driver install ?
Does that mean we will have to play with such things.
Since update from windows 8 to 8.1 with my dell computer, no Bluetooth . Impossible to solve the problem, and impossible to reinstall the bluetooth driver from the dell website.
If something like that occurs with the axe FX II driver after update from windows 8.1 to 10, :nightmare:

Fractal has mad it easy with their drivers. Just uninstall them from the programs and features where you would uninstall just about any application. Then run their driver installer and follow the instructions and you should be fine.

Pretty much true since Win2000, lol.

This used to be true, but as with any software, it may be similar at the core, it has gone through a lot of revision. It resembles what it used to be, but there are still differences. Some Major, some subtle. The driver structure is similar to 7 and 8, yes, but there are some changes in the core around networking that I've noticed.

Back
Top Bottom