Win 11 - display battery % in task bar?!?

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
Following some recommendations here that Win 11 was a smooth migration from 10, I installed it on my laprop (Surface pro 7). It was a pretty smooth experience... except that my taskbar no longer displays the battery level. I tried all the obvious places - settings, customize task bar, notifications - but nowhere can I find anything relating to power or battery. Google led me back down these same dead-end paths. I even downloaded a file that sets a registry item to turn that battery indicator back on, but that also made no difference. WTH?!?

Anyone?

My laptop (HP) came with Win 11 installed and I do have a battery indicator in the lower right corner, right next to the time & date.

Following some recommendations here that Win 11 was a smooth migration from 10, I installed it on my laprop (Surface pro 7). It was a pretty smooth experience... except that my taskbar no longer displays the battery level. I tried all the obvious places - settings, customize task bar, notifications - but nowhere can I find anything relating to power or battery. Google led me back down these same dead-end paths. I even downloaded a file that sets a registry item to turn that battery indicator back on, but that also made no difference. WTH?!?

Anyone?
I had that happen and there is a small battery on the motherboard at least on my Dell. I replaced that battery and everything is fine. You might want to check it out, was not a big deal.

Anyone?

You probably already looked here, and it's probably not the problem, but I'll ask just in case. On the left end of the system tray there is an arrow, and when you click the arrow it shows additional hidden icons. Did you look there? If it's there, you can drag it on to the tray with the other icons. But again, you've probably already looked there.

On my computer I see that the option for displaying the battery/power icon is no longer listed in the settings for the task bar nor for notifications. Perhaps the missing icon is related to that change, and perhaps it's an oversight that might be corrected in the next update.

Hope you get it figured out.

No icon displayed. No option to show the icon in settings for taskbar nor notifications. No updates available. I might have to go back to windows 10, if that's even possible. I see the Microsoft developers are as braindead as ever.

Is it plugged in? My laptop only shows the battery status when not plugged in.

No icon displayed. No option to show the icon in settings for taskbar nor notifications. No updates available. I might have to go back to windows 10, if that's even possible. I see the Microsoft developers are as braindead as ever.
Windows 11 has had some horrible flaws like it lost for months Eventcode 4688 in the EventLog, that is key for security monitoring, now it has other issues with the security settings. On the other hand Explorer has now tabs which is the greatest thing ever :)

Back
Top Bottom