Why no Fender Tweeds?

Another vote for 'em and for 'Fenders on Roids' - I.e. Riveras. I am so friggin bored bythis utter obsession with high-gain...

CHEA RIVERAS!

And lets get some TWO ROCK models!

Why should the Kemper guys get them all to themselves?

Last edited:
I posted this in another thread, but I have an Underground 30 that I would gladly lone Cliff in order to get it dialed in. It is a beautiful sounding amp.

Please contact Cliff directly to give him this offer, even Cliff can´t read all threads, and I would absolutely love a UG30 sim in the Axe to those uniquely beautiful my "tweed Fender and my Vox had a love child" tones :)

+1 for more low gain - 5E3 - YES - or I would send my old magnatone in to Cliff. Light saturation, edge of breakup is so pleasing. I have found that many of the medium-high gain models can work quite well with lower drive settings.

Same as above, please contact Cliff directly, Magnatones are cool as can be IMHO.

RB

I have come close to pulling the trigger on several occasions. I even PM'ed the builder on TGP hoping I could get him to send Cliff the schematics but got no reply. Not sure if he even got it to be honest. Greg V’s demos are well done. I just really love the sounds I have heard from this model. Here is another from their site.

If I end up biting the bullet (like I need to be purchasing more gear) and picking one up I will at worst TM it or even make arrangements to send it to Cliff to model.

Or maybe we can get Neil Y. to send that special "ONE" of his 300+ 5E3 tweeds he loves so much. Can someone work on that? :mrgreen

Jeezus! Even on my Macbook pro's tiny built-in speaks, that thing sounds INCREDIBLE! Nice playing too.

Last edited:
There's a patch called "Cranked Tweed" (I think). Not sure how accurate it is, but sounds pretty darn good to me.

There's a patch called "Cranked Tweed" (I think). Not sure how accurate it is, but sounds pretty darn good to me.

No offense, but I do understand there is a shade of Tweed tones represented. But just imagine how the community would react if it was 99% fender and gibson amp models, with ONE patch called "Van halen high gain". Its that way but in reverse right now. Don't get me wrong, I have a LOT to work with. But if you ask any studio engineer from the last 40 years, you'll probably find out that Tweed amps are responsible for MOST of what we consider killer guitar tones on record. Most of the time, artists would record with tweeds, and then bring the high powered Marshall amps out on the road so folks incorrectly would assume they used Marshalls in the studio. Hendrix, Billy Gibbons, Clapton just to name a few.

No offense, but I do understand there is a shade of Tweed tones represented. But just imagine how the community would react if it was 99% fender and gibson amp models, with ONE patch called "Van halen high gain". Its that way but in reverse right now. Don't get me wrong, I have a LOT to work with. But if you ask any studio engineer from the last 40 years, you'll probably find out that Tweed amps are responsible for MOST of what we consider killer guitar tones on record. Most of the time, artists would record with tweeds, and then bring the high powered Marshall amps out on the road so folks incorrectly would assume they used Marshalls in the studio. Hendrix, Billy Gibbons, Clapton just to name a few.

^This

A great example of this tone are the E Gtrs on the record Crazy On You by Heart.

Back
Top Bottom