Who else is in debt from their Axe FX II purchase?!?!

All my credit cards (1 for business and 1 for personal) are set to direct debit the full statement amount from my bank accounts. If I knew I wouldn't have the dosh in the bank on the card's debit day then I wouldn't buy.

Credit card interest is madness .... arrange a quickie loan or overdraft (jeez remember those??) from your Bank with a sensible APR if you can and use it to pay the credit card balance if you plan to take a few months/years to pay it back.

Or ... swing a 'free interest for x months on existing purchases' transfer to another card company if you find a deal like that ... but make sure the funds are there before the free period is up or they can backdate the interest!

There's loads of luxury things we'd all have if we could afford them.... but if you go through the pain of saving before you buy then sometimes by the time the money's there in your hand you take off the rose coloured glasses and see that luxury item somewhat differently. Or, if you go ahead and buy said item with the hard earned cash, then you get the satisfaction of achievement to add to the pleasure of owning the new toy.

People do stupid things all the time, usually the depreciating "asset" is a giant TV.

Unless you are using the Axe Fx 2 to make a living, if you are going into debt because of a "luxury" purchase like this, you are 100% part of the economic crisis in this country.

One guy said he bought it as a present to himself for landing a job because he was sure the money was coming. Dude...there are so many things wrong with that statement, it's scary.

I actually began saving for an Axe-Fx II a while ago. Now that I have the money in my bank account (and the number of hours I had to work for it in my mind), I realize that it's totally not worth 2,2k$ to me, given the quality and price of software solutions...

I actually began saving for an Axe-Fx II a while ago. Now that I have the money in my bank account (and the number of hours I had to work for it in my mind), I realize that it's totally not worth 2,2k$ to me, given the quality and price of software solutions...

Some n****s be crazee yo.

I saved up my lunch money back in third grade. With that money, I bought a few ounces of Gold. I think it was around 35 bucks an ounce.

A year ago I paid for my ax with one ounce of gold.

FYI Gold and silver are currently dirt cheap, and in a few short years today's prices will be lauph-able.

Your local coin shop is your freind.

Call me anal, but I planned ahead by doing a complete inventory of all my gear that has been collecting over the last few decades and prioritizing what needed to stay and would could go first. It didn't take long to have enough to pay for the Ultra and an MFC. I then sold the Ultra for $75 less than what I had paid for it, including shipping. So basically, with gear sales and gig money, the II was paid for by the time it was available for purchase.

I saved up my lunch money back in third grade. With that money, I bought a few ounces of Gold. I think it was around 35 bucks an ounce.

A year ago I paid for my ax with one ounce of gold.

FYI Gold and silver are currently dirt cheap, and in a few short years today's prices will be lauph-able.

Your local coin shop is your freind.

We buy ounces of gold all the time from Amazon of all places. Gold, silver and copper.

My grandfather who never graduated high school and probably worked 18 hours a day for 60 years building his own company took me aside as he was weeks from passing with a terminal illness. I was 14. He laid two sentences of wisdom on me that to this day I still follow and have served me well doing so.

1. If you don't have the cash you don't make the purchase. If you want something bad enough then work, show some patience, and when you do make the purchase it will not only have saved you money in the long run but it will also have more value to you as you will know what you sacrificed to get it.

2. You are going meet many people over your lifetime that will come and go and you are going to make many purchases as well. There is only one thing you ever truly own that no person can ever take away from you no matter your financial status. That is your WORD. Stay true to your word and you will do right by others and be content with yourself.

I have watched so many friends buy things on a whim and accumulate so much credit card debt over the years. It is absolutely sickening how much they ended up paying for the item in question. I have one lawyer friend in particular that has over the years probably made triple what I have. We live the same lifestyle and have the same toys. The only difference is he had his toys a few months earlier than I did and paid twice as much doing so as he was always using credit cards because his income fluctuated and he just couldn't wait. It's insanity IMHO.

We buy ounces of gold all the time from Amazon of all places. Gold, silver and copper.

Silver is the absolute steal of the century, and phisical holders will realize a trifecta gain ....soon.
The fundamentals for owning this preciouse resource is stageringly one sided in favor of such.

I learned my CC debt lessons back in my 20's during my "had to have it" car stereo system building days. I won't buy luxury things unless I can pay them off immediately. The expensive mistake I made with the AXE was not buying it from the beginning. ( Only been seriously learning/playing for a few years). I bought and sold the "other" modelers out there, pedals that made up for what the modelers lacked, etc. and realized I was spending more in the long run and wasn't going to be satisfied. - The AXE2 was my destiny! :) The AXE is really an incredible bargain when viewed from that perspective - really worth the extra effort to save and budget if you have to. I like knowing that I'm the weak link in getting good tone, not my equipment.

Buying the Ultra used back in the day was an impulse buy for me, but the cash was available. Impresses as I was, I ordered the II shortly after it was announced (and stupid as I was, I sold my Ultra and was Axe-Less for a while, waiting for my II. Living in Europe didn't help.).

But IMHO, no one should put themselves in debt buying the Axe-FX.

On the other hand, the Axe-FX, first the Ultra and then the II, are probably the two best purchases I've made wrt guitar equipment.

But I want to know,

Has anyone made a similar decision like mine and impulsively purchased the Axe?

Looking for people to sympathize with :encouragement:

Yes, I bought my Axe-Fx II & MFC-101 over a year ago when the Axe-Fx II was on a wait list, so I had no clue when I would be able to buy it but when the email came, I said "sure why not?" At the time I knew I could sell it for more than I bought it for or be able to sell my old gear to pay off my credit card. I'm very glad I bought my Axe-Fx II & MFC-101 bc I no longer have to waste $ on tubes and have consistently good tube sound now!

I remember when the first threads rumoring the launch of the Axe II came out. I wanted it immediately, but carefully planned to buy it only when I had saved enough that I could pay cash and not have it be a financial strain on myself or my family. I finally received mine today. I paid cash.

I sold some stuff that more than paid for my AxeFx II. When I sold my Ultra, that more than paid for my FRFR.

Not to sound like an @$$ here, but as much as I love my gear, I love being debt free more. I save up for everything, then when funding is sufficient, I buy what I want. I am greatly blessed to have great gear, but even more blessed not to have any debt. Debt = bondage, no debt = freedom. Just my debt free 2 cents worth.

I charged mine but I always pay the whole balance when the bill is due. I refuse to pay any interest!!

Back
Top Bottom