Which monitors do you recomend me ? Yamaha hs50m or KRK Rokit 5 G2

KRK Rokit 5 G2 or Yamaha hs50m ?

• Total voters

kuky

Ive narrowed to those 2 chioces for my small room playing my AXE 2 ... any comments are welcome .... I have'nt the opportunity to try both so im asking here.

Last edited:
Yeh - The Rokits are love/hate them. Personally I hate them. Id take the HSs out of those two any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

I've got some Rockit G6s and I like them a lot with the Axefx. I have not tried the Yamaha, so I didn't vote. I read the reviews on both when I purchased them and there was something about the Yamaha monitors becoming annoying, but no idea if it is true.

The G6s sound awesome for my Axe, PC, and xbox :D

Last edited:
the yamaha monitors are known for the real mid-heavy compared to many other monitors and the krks are bass heavy... the mid heaviness is actually desirable with the axe fx imo and if i didnt use monitors for other purpose would have the hs50ms over the hs80ms

best thing to do though would be cart the axe fx to a music store and check out for yourself... GC carries both of those monitors since they are so popular. also check out the mackie mr line. same price range but the mackies are known for sounding like really good consumer speakers.. most people who mix and such want more flat and revealing characteristics... just go play em and see what works for ya.

different strokes for different folks and yadda yadda

i dig my rokits 5's (gen 1) and patches translate pretty well to my EV ZX1 as well as the random Yamaha and JBL PA's i've played through. I know most don't like them, but they have worked well for me. But definently try them out if you could before you order. Or order both, and return one set after testing both, that'd be perfect!

I had the Rokit 5`s and never really liked them, but for the price they are OK.
Upgraded to Dynaudio BM6A Mk II and I am very satisfied, sounds amazing!

Definitely the rokits, i compared HS80 vs KRK RP8 in a local store and KRKs are way better : HS80 just sound very midrangey, lack of bass and treble.

So, now you have guys saying definitely HS50, others definitely RP5 (RP8 is way better !)... i think you have to try both.
If you live in Europa, you can order via Thomann both monitors then send back the pair that doesnt please you...

Last edited:
Great found a showroom here is slovenia with almost 10 pair of monitors already wating for me to be tested .... ill report my finding next week.

Ok i been finnaly in the store to listen to some monitors : KRKs , adam A5x , Adam a3x , Yamaha HS50M. I got the yamahas ! The room i tested was about the same size as my room.

ADAM a3x : too weak for my taste , missing some low end ,great highs
ADAM a5x : Way better low end then the 3s , sublime beautiful butter highs
KRK 5 : too bassy ...i guess good for some electonic/dance music freaks
Yamaha HS50M : Great overall sound , excpecialy in the mids section, guitar sounded better then the Adams too me. Adams a5x would be my choice if i would do all the music on it. Yamahas were exactly half the price ...that in count it was a no branier to me . I might sound foolish but yamahas sounded better to me for guitar .... i guess its just me and my defective ears probably .....

Suggestion : ..... go try before you buy ....let the forums just be a direction what to look.

I recently demo'd a bunch of monitors a swell.
I ended up getting the G2 Rokit 8's, but I only got them over the Yamaha HS80M because I got them from a friend for a ridiculous price (he replaced them with the yamaha's)
to my ears ,the Hs80m and the Adam Ax7's sounded the best to me, I'm sure at some point I will upgrade these to one of those 2 but , as I mentioned for the price I got these
for (and they are basically brand new) it was too easy and the sound difference wasn't really worth the price difference to a casual user like myself.
the Adam AX7's really impressed me the most, but I think I am going to invest into a good FRFR cab before I upgrade to those.

Back
Top Bottom