where is javajunkie?

Yeah.
Chef's been gone since Octobre again, too.
Lot's of really active people have gone missing over time. The forum is a serious time sink. Maybe they chose to be more effective.

Javajunkie is a seriously effective guy.

JJ helped me a ton during my early days of figuring this thing out. Hope all's well.

Chef warned he would be busy for a while (but said "6 to 7 weeks" back in october).

JJ I've been wanting to ask 6 weeks ago too... Hope he's ok.

Anyway, all of them have done more than enough.

Last edited:
So what?! This is the internet! You never knew the guy (otherwise you would know why he's so absent), so why bother?

I just talked to him in person yesterday. He's just a busy guy.

And there you have it. That's what I tried to tell you. If you "know" somebody only over the internet, absence can be misinterpreted very quickly. On the internet it looks exactly the same if someone is just busy, in the hospital for some reason, or maybe even something worse. On e.g. Facebook it's different, but right here? No way to know what's going on! That someone is just absent...

If you really wanted to know what's going on with him, why didn't you use the possibility to contact him directly with a personal message right here on the board?

If you really wanted to know what's going on with him, why didn't you use the possibility to contact him directly with a personal message right here on the board?
Yes & No...

Apparently somebody did, so thanks.

But what if everyone did that?
Some don't wanna be the "dick" that disturbs people when it can be done in other ways.

This way the whole community profits and in his case it was the right decision IMO.
Cos if something *was* wrong with him, I'm sure he would get huge support in the quickest way possible.
He didnt win a FAS award for nothing ;)

And there you have it. That's what I tried to tell you. If you "know" somebody only over the internet, absence can be misinterpreted very quickly. On the internet it looks exactly the same if someone is just busy, in the hospital for some reason, or maybe even something worse. On e.g. Facebook it's different, but right here? No way to know what's going on! That someone is just absent...

Tact.
Might've tried something along the lines of this post the first time ;)

Back
Top Bottom