What's the best bang for the buck for power amp ?

Fretburner

I had been using my axe standard for four years with a ART sla1 and had very good luck with that but sold the whole rig a few months back. Tolda I just ordered a new axe II with MFC101 so I'm in the market for a single space power amp and rack.

Any recommendations on what you guys are using would be appreciated

Thanks!

Lots of discussion about this in the Amps and Cabs section of this forum. The current favorite for a 1U power amp looks to be the Matrix GT1000FX. Matrix

I use a QSC RMX power amp until I can afford to even look up the conversion rate for a Matrix one. I really admire how light the Matrix stuff is and still packs so much inside. My QSC is 35 pounds and 2U's lol

used ART SLA2's regularly go for under $200.00 for "bang for the buck" tough to beat that.

I just bought a Matrix GT1000FX, delivered cost is about $800.00. It replaced a Mesa 20/20 i bought new 10 years ago for $1000. To my ears the Matrix lets the Axe FXII really shine, clearly this Amp was designed with Fractal in mind. I highly recommend one.

Rocktron Velocity stuff sounds great and is an excellent value especially used. I have a 120 (60w x 2 and 1u) which I've gigged with before. Was toying with buying a second and running them both bridged mono in fact if I find I need more power during my power metal gigs :D

I decided on the Matrix GT1000FX as well. It's been a great amp and was designed for modelers. Just realize it's made in the UK and you'll need a power plug that will work with American sockets.

Back
Top Bottom