What version of Dual recto is in axe fx ii???

I don't remember what Mesa I owned in the 80's - a Princeton-sized blonde thing. It was so pretty, and Mesa was so happening, I wanted to love it, but I could never, ever dial in a sound I liked (I am not a high-gain guy, but a clean-to-break guy, most of the time). I found it to be perhaps the hardest 'simple' amp I've ever owned in terms of tweaking; easier than, say, a Hughes and Kettner, but still ridiculously hard for me. I sold it after 6 months of frustration. During that time, it shared the studio with my Twin and my Princeton, either of which I could quickly and easily dial in whatever I wanted (and whatever the bands I was recording wanted). Maybe it's all because my first amp was a Fender - 'As the Twig is Bent, So Grows the Tree'

I don't like them, I used to have roadster and it's slave out to AFX sounded alot better...

I believe Modern Refers to the newer version of the amp, the 3 ch. Vintage refers to the 2ch amp, and is older, hence the vintage name. Orange refers to vintage mode and red refers to modern mode. So RECTO ORG VINTG Boogie would be the 2 ch recto on orange mode, which would be vintage mode. RECTO RED VINTG Boogie would be the modern mode on the same 2 ch amp.

Its the vintage mode for both the orange and the red channel.

See Yeks post #18.

Edit. Recto 3 channel, both vintage and modern mode, orange and red channels are in the axe.

Last edited:
So it's all the new recto model (3 CH).

The models are the orange channel in both vintage and modern modes and the red channel in both vintage and modern modes. All the same amp just the different modes on the 2 gain channels.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Understood.

Haha, I knew it's the new recto! It sounded like it...so now it's confirmed. Bring back the old rectos like in Ultra and some road king etc. The new is just too fizzy compared to others, and yes you can tweak tweak tweak etc but...you just want to turn the amp on and go...

My goal is to get good recto sound in AFX so I dont have to buy a real one again...all good recto tones from '99-'04 comes from old duals or roadster/road king...still missing in AFX..every new fw update just brings more marshalls what some people want but not new mesa amp wich is pretty popular amp manufacturer, many people wants more of them.

The rectos are my go-to for high gain. Their associated cabs are a different story. I can get about every other high gain model to sound good with the recto cabs except for the rectos. Go figure. The Cali cab is where it's at.

This is why Cliff is going to pm me with a trade in offer for my rackmounted dual recto (of course the best sounding Recto made) towards an Axe II :lol

Cliff, please bring us the old 2-channel recto "org-channel-in-modern-mode", pleeeaase!
:)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk 2

The rectos are my go-to for high gain. Their associated cabs are a different story. I can get about every other high gain model to sound good with the recto cabs except for the rectos. Go figure. The Cali cab is where it's at.

Isn't the Cali cab a recto cab?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

I have to say, I've owned a dual recto in the recent past and it was a good sounding amp. I never really liked this particular in the amp. But after reading this thread I revisited the rectos. Until I'd never tried the rectos on v11. And in the past is always kind of defaulted to the associated recto cabs. Today I took the Oh stock recto cab with a R121 mic And mixed it with the Cali cab. Hard panned left and right.
This amp is absolutely killer for high gain. I definitely prefer the Red over the orange. Needless to say, it's all about the IR no matter what amp you choose. The wrong cab can definitely kill the overall tone.

I have to say, I've owned a dual recto in the recent past and it was a good sounding amp. I never really liked this particular in the amp. But after reading this thread I revisited the rectos. Until I'd never tried the rectos on v11. And in the past is always kind of defaulted to the associated recto cabs. Today I took the Oh stock recto cab with a R121 mic And mixed it with the Cali cab. Hard panned left and right.
This amp is absolutely killer for high gain. I definitely prefer the Red over the orange. Needless to say, it's all about the IR no matter what amp you choose. The wrong cab can definitely kill the overall tone.
the OH recto cab mixed with the cali 4X12 with an r121 in front of it works great with the recto red modern (try swapping out the OH cab with the Petrucci cab too)
the new Mix OH Modern En-V30 cabs also blend really well with that cali 4X12 (t-1 median or modern Studio sound great).

Back
Top Bottom