What studio monitors were used for the Axe Fx 3 promo or reveal?

Fowleri

Inspired
I heard something about this they used very expensive monitors at a reveal or show that cost like 10k or more

I heard something about this they used very expensive monitors at a reveal or show that cost like 10k or more
I remember a show where they were demoing products with some Meyer Sound monitors. Stellar sounding, though scary expensive, gear. That may be the show you’re thinking of. They’d be $10k for two or three of them. Cliff used to use a JBL monitor years back, though I don’t know what his test system is currently. Fortunately, crazy money speakers aren’t required for great sound. That said…

I’d take a pair of MJF-212A monitors, if anyone is feeling magnanimous!

Looking for something quality to go with a new axe fx you have finally decided to purchase?

I have the Genelecs 8030c which cost $1400 for the pair. This paired with the Motu Ultralite MK5 which is about $650

I think is good enough. I see no point anything more expensive when I just play at home for fun

For now I use Neural DSP plugins and it sounds good. Eventually I will buy a fractal but is hard to pull the trigger when the plugins sound good

My band did many live performances + webcasts working with students at a (recently shuttered) Audio Visual school in the Bay Area over the last 20+ years.

We performed on a great stage in Meyer Hall. Guess what the FOH and monitors were? All Meyer Sound :)

I didn't realize how lucky I was until more recently - I just thought it was a well designed space with a well tuned sound system.

Back
Top Bottom